Re: Alloy Fuel Tanks

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Good for you, nice find!

Warwick Biggs
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Warwick Biggs »

There can't be many CB1100R race tanks specifically modified to fit a Prolink and especially not here in Oz. There just aren't many CBX's regularly being road raced anywhere in the world that would warrant the conversion and even fewer Prolinks. I'm only aware of James Fisher in the UK on a twin shock and myself, of course. Roly has retired his 2 race bikes, Bert in Holland is only an occasional and Bill Brint in the US also seems to have retired his bike. Are there any others, I wonder?

Anyhow Jeff, it was indeed a lucky find.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Will Brint is still racing the CBX several times a year as well as Robby Ringnalda.

Warwick Biggs
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Warwick Biggs »

Do you know if they post their results or experiences anywhere Dave? Bill used to have a page but nothing was posted for ages so I figured he had retired the bike.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Robbie usually posts on Facebook after his races, don't really think Will does. You can look up the Barber race results from last October.

Dave

Warwick Biggs
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Warwick Biggs »

Paradoxically by modifying a highly collectable and valuable CB11000R tank Brett destroyed it's value to both CB1100R and CBX collectors and restricted his potential market to a handful of people that still race CBX's, only one of whom lives in Oz - me!

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”