1982 CBX seat removal

rmiller6
New Member & Happy To Be Here

1982 CBX seat removal

Post by rmiller6 »

Hello fellow CBX owners. I have an 82 that I'm not very familiar with and am having a problem I'm hoping the experts here can help with.

I am trying to remove the seat and can't seem to get it off. I removed the 2 nuts holding the side of the seat to the frame which is
all the service manual speaks to. The seat will not budge and it feels like it's still bolted down. I obviously don't want to force anything. Thanks

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: 1982 CBX seat removal

Post by SteveG »

The 82 seats throw a lot of people for a loop. The addendum in the shop manual (page 22-8) covers the 82 seat removal. Good luck! Oh, and welcome to the site!

Steve
IMG-0989.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
82 CBX, 82 CB900F Project, 81 CB900(985)F, 79 CB750(810)F, 06 Wee-Strom

rmiller6

Post by rmiller6 »

Wow - thanks a lot!

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Then do yourself a favor - remove the two rear mounting triangles and have the tack-welded studs properly welded. Many of those break loose, making the seat very hard to remove. Run a thread chaser on all the threads of the rear mount - they get very buggered from guys not knowing what they're doing.

Dave

CBX-tras
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBX-tras »

Also, I loosen the rear allen bolts of the grab handles a turn or 2 just to loosen the tension at the front where the seat is actually attached (applies to the '81 as well). And put some anti-seize on the threads for the rear handle.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”