Windscreen Replacement 81 CBX

Gunnar
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Windscreen Replacement 81 CBX

Post by Gunnar »

I took my Stock Windscreen off because it is too low and was Buffeting me right in the Face. I am looking at a Rifle replacement which comes with a Base which the Screen mounts to. From their website picture their angle looks more upright which would raise the line of site which is what I want. They have a 15" and 17" option but no measument from say the top of the Tank to the top of the Shield. Does anyone have one of these and what was your experience as far as a taller Shield?

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Windscreen Replacement 81 CBX

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

I think you can still get a taller one from Clearview.
\i would contact them. https://www.clearviewshields.com/produc ... ndshields/#

Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Clearview no longer make a CBX Screen but they recommended Gustaffson Plastics which make them https://bikescreen.com/. I have an e-mail in to them on the height question. I'm hoping someone on this forum has one of these Shields and can relay their experience.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

If you want the very best still air, go with the Rifle. It alters the line of the fairing somewhat, but functionally is the best. Every aftermarket replacement for the stock shield, tall, short, cutouts, whatever, has some buffeting.

Dave

Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Dave
What size Rifle do you have. Is it a bit higher at the top lip than the stock? I figure if I can get 2" or 3" higher it will not hit me in the face. I don't mind the wind. Its nicer riding the Bike now with the Stock Screen off but it looks a bit goofy.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

If you don't mind having your head in "clean air", or, no turbulence, you might try a Clearview or Gustafson "Sport" windshield. Clearview didn't offer it for a CBX, but they had it listed for the Saber fairing, which is the same. You might get lucky and find one stashed away........

I've cut down all my windshields save one,on a BMW RT. I really dislike turbulense at the bottom of my helmet, and much prefer smooth air. YMMV.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

To be clear, I don't own a Pro-Link any longer and never owned one with a Rifle, but have ridden Pro-Links with them. I can't tell you what height would be best, but either would be far better than stock. I actually didn't know Rifle still made the CBX fairing. And as Rick Said, I've used the Gustafson replacement without any lip and it offers undisturbed air.

Dave

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”