Conti Classic attack

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Conti Classic attack

Post by wyly »

Syscrush wrote:
wyly wrote:the GS is a better handling bike :?
Well, better than YOUR CBX, sure. :lol:
:lol: yeah but I'm trying to maintain proper perspective...It's amazing what an improvement 5yrs in technology made 79 CBX to 84 GS...the 84 GS compared to today's rides it's biplanes to stealth fighters...I'll be taking a R1200R out for a test ride this summer to see if I really want to splash out the cash for the latest and best stealth fighter...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

wyly wrote:
Syscrush wrote:
wyly wrote:the GS is a better handling bike :?
Well, better than YOUR CBX, sure. :lol:
:lol: yeah but I'm trying to maintain proper perspective...It's amazing what an improvement 5yrs in technology made 79 CBX to 84 GS...the 84 GS compared to today's rides it's biplanes to stealth fighters...I'll be taking a R1200R out for a test ride this summer to see if I really want to splash out the cash for the latest and best stealth fighter...
If you have a Moto Guzzi dealer within reasonable distance, try out the Griso. On the test ride, I was laughing in my helmet. I really like it.

BTW, this is my first ever successful picture post.......
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

If a severely tech-challenged dinosaur like me can figure it out it was only a matter of time for you.
Well done, Rick.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Rick Pope wrote: If you have a Moto Guzzi dealer within reasonable distance, try out the Griso. On the test ride, I was laughing in my helmet. I really like it.

same dealer has Guzzi as well as Triumph, Norton and KTM...I'll try whatever they're willing to lend out...KTM SuperDuke with touring package was also interesting...BMW s1000r is also still in the picture..

You've been on this forum for how long and only now figured out how to post a picture?...I'm feeling much better as to how long it took me to figure it out :teasing-poke: , it took many, many attempts :oops: :-) ...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

A friend on another, non-motorcycle related, forum posted a link to a program where you drag your photo, then copy/paste the link into the message box. WAY easier than using an online photo hosting service.

So, be forewarned, I will be starting a new thread, dragging out ghosts from rallies past......................
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Rolls
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Rolls »

These are at the top of my list for my '79. It's scheduled to arrive later this month, so I haven't even seen it in person yet, but the photos and the seller's words agree that the Metzelers on it now are very old. Very good tread, but old cracked sidewalls, so will need replacing. Will be interesting to see the datecodes on the tires when the bike arrives.

Last edited by Rolls on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Rick Pope wrote:

Bravo! :-)
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Return to “TIRES & RIMS: Tire Brands, Mileage, Performance, Sizes, Interchangeability with other models”