Tires!

JohnnyHonda
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Tires!

Post by JohnnyHonda »

For general interest...

I had some VERY old tires on my 82. After getting back on the road last winter it was time to replace them as they were getting thin and old and hard, etc.

I'm sure many of you know these bikes aren't the easiest things to find the right size tires for. I'm a pretty big believer in sticking to the stock size, as I figure Honda is a lot smarter than me. Not too mention that I want to make sure everything fits. These bikes are hard enough to fit the wheels past all the hardware, etc.

Anyway, to make a short story long. I ended up buying Metzlers. The ME88 series I believe. You can get a 3.50 19 and a 130/80 - 18. The front is a perfect match to stock and the back is as close as you can get.

They work Great! Very happy with them. I would highly recommend them to anyone. They gave me back a new motorcycle. It tracks, steers and handles! Don't forget to order V rated as these tires are also available in H.

One more note. I always try to support my local shops but ended up buying them from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse. The local dealer wanted almost as much for the rear as I paid for the two. Not too mention no one would help me. Anyway, MAW did a great job. Knew their business, good price, timely shipping.

lee D'Amico #5587

irc tires

Post by lee D'Amico #5587 »

well let me tell you of my tire tale on my 82 . last summer put a set of irc tires on within 100 miles the rear developed a bulge about the size of an egg of course the swing arm about cut thru it . found it in time and the dealer got a new one and instlled. this year with maybe 500 mile on the tires took the bike in for inspection and low and behold they are both weather checked like they are 20 years old the parts man reply hey we cant help you looks to me like you armouralled them that stuff ruins tires ,irepy let me talk to irc which i did across the country to a rep in Ca. he doesnt believe me and insist isend him pix on the internet which i do once he sees he authorizes replacement now the shocker no labor which came to some 60.00 i think that stinks and am telling you all beware of these people at irc and your local bozo dealer when they have jerks such as this parts person as a business person myself they should have taken care of this situation immediatly at no charge to the customer and not make me wait a month beware of the bozo , lee

lee D'Amico #5587

irc tires

Post by lee D'Amico #5587 »

well let me tell you of my tire tale on my 82 . last summer put a set of irc tires on within 100 miles the rear developed a bulge about the size of an egg of course the swing arm about cut thru it . found it in time and the dealer got a new one and instlled. this year with maybe 500 mile on the tires took the bike in for inspection and low and behold they are both weather checked like they are 20 years old the parts man reply hey we cant help you looks to me like you armouralled them that stuff ruins tires ,irepy let me talk to irc which i did across the country to a rep in Ca. he doesnt believe me and insist isend him pix on the internet which i do once he sees he authorizes replacement now the shocker no labor which came to some 60.00 i think that stinks and am telling you all beware of these people at irc and your local bozo dealer when they have jerks such as this parts person as a business person myself they should have taken care of this situation immediatly at no charge to the customer and not make me wait a month beware of the bozo , lee

Return to “TIRES & RIMS: Tire Brands, Mileage, Performance, Sizes, Interchangeability with other models”