Tire supplier

Iceman

Tire supplier

Post by Iceman »

:(

Hi there fellow Xers. I've had a '79 X for 18 years and have always used Metzelers (me33/me99) but now I can't find a suitable tire in England and no one in the US who supplies the correct one for me will ship to Iceland. So my plea is: Is there anyone out there who can supply and ship Metz ME 99, 130/80 V18?

Best, Baldvin Ringsted from Iceland

baldvin@vma.is

http://www.vma.is/not/baldvin/pictures1.htm

Rich Pleines

Post by Rich Pleines »

Iceman, Try www.cbxman.com If you are on the up and up I'm

sure Dennis will hook you up. He can get you whatever you need. From his site:

Metzler Tires ME33 Laser Front, ME55 Metronic Rears

Part# Size Price Front Rear

Front 110-5709 100/90V-19 $85.99

Rear 1979 110-6301 120/90V-18 $99.00

Rear 1980-82 110-6299 130/80V-18 $104.15

Comment

These tires have also served us well over the years. Good grip in wet and dry conditions. Long tread life if used in touring riding.

Factory Description

ME 33 LASER: The most successful front tire for the touring rider. Trend setting design and optimized tread compound for excellent grip in the wet and high mileage. Works well with ME55 and ME99

ME 55 A METRONIC: The rear tire for touring sport on powerful bikes the arrow parabolic tread design guarantees stability under all riding conditions the special tread compound makes the tire extremely skid resistant on both wet and dry surfaces

Iceman

ME99 vs ME55

Post by Iceman »

Thanks Rich, I've already been in contact with Dennis and he seems a sound guy. But I'd really like to get the ME 99 130/80 V18 which is apparently only available in the US, maybe Dennis can get me one, I'll check. I have a slightly wider rim on mine from a '81 cb 900 (reverse Comstars) which is probably the same as on the B/C Xs. You can see my bike on my website, it's the red one with color matched wheels.

I had a swingarm made by JMC in the UK and along with the rims and stiffer springs up front it handles like a dream!

All my best from Iceland

Baldvin

http://www.vma.is/not/baldvin/pictures1.htm

Return to “TIRES & RIMS: Tire Brands, Mileage, Performance, Sizes, Interchangeability with other models”