How to remove front wheel?

ksquared
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

How to remove front wheel?

Post by ksquared »

Really what I'm asking is does anyone have a trick for lifting the front wheel so I can remove it? Rear was easy with the center stand. Yes I know about the Harbor Freight motorcycle lift options. I'm looking for one of those cheap old tyme tricks 8)
79 CBX - 75 CB400F - 71 SL350 - 07 Buell XB9R - 03 Harley V-Rod

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: How to remove front wheel?

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

I just use a bottle jack placed behind the oil filter housing on the engine case.
I now an old front wheel/tire that i install while swapping rubber but if you raise the front end just high enough to remove the wheel the bike is not too tippy.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

There are two projections on the bottom of the crankcase with holes in them. A small block of wood and a floor jack or scissors jack works great there. The bike will be a bit tippy, so loosen everything you need to before raising. You will need to remove at least one caliper and hanger also. Watch the orientation of the bottom fork clamps too, as well as the position of the speedo drive. The speedo cable holder screw might be very tight - be prepared for that.

Dave

ksquared
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by ksquared »

Thanks for the tips!
79 CBX - 75 CB400F - 71 SL350 - 07 Buell XB9R - 03 Harley V-Rod

Return to “TIRES & RIMS: Tire Brands, Mileage, Performance, Sizes, Interchangeability with other models”