Black 1979. What Bugs Me About This Bike?

hailwood1965
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Black 1979. What Bugs Me About This Bike?

Post by hailwood1965 »

The Wisconsin CBX has been on eBay and in CL for a while now. Bike looks superb but I can't understand why the bike hasn't sold when lessor bikes--kinda--have brought sort of that money. Something about that bike just isn't right--maybe the bill of sale mentioned in the ad to the non-original key (?).

Thoughts, anyone?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/4354461692.html

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/4354461692.html

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Black 1979. What Bugs Me About This Bike?

Post by EMS »

I have seen the bike on ebay several times. My guess is that the asking price is a tad on the high side for a BLACK 1979, although the bike seems to be very clean.
It always raises suspicions if someone says that the bodywork was changed when the bike was just one year old, although this is something that is totally up to the owner's personal taste and amount of money to spare. Anything over $10,000.- in stock form will have to be very, very close to original and the obviously wrong color will not cut it.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

That bike has 'suspicion' written all over it.

Dave

gak1047
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by gak1047 »

I agree. If you are going to ask that much, the bike needs to be as original as possible. There could be a number of reasons for the Black body parts. He could have bought a Silver 79 and not like the color. I bought the last Red 79 Rick Case had, and as I was preping it a guy who was buying a Silver 79 offer me $150.00 to take the Silver one instead. It would be intersting to hear his story on why his bike is Black.

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”