Restored gauges!

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Restored gauges!

Post by NobleHops »

Happy dance!

I got my gauges back from Tim's CBX. This took a bit longer than normal, only because Bill previously did not have new decals for the '80 bike's 80 MPH speedometer, and so commissioned a batch from his printer. They look great, new rubber isolators for the gauge>bezel interface, bezels, housings, and gauges were all painted, white lettering on the idiot lights is touched up, needle was repainted, all bulbs were replaced. It's a pretty big chunk of the bike visually when you walk up to it, and now it looks a lot more like the rest of the bike. EDIT: this photo got weird when I resized it, and the new gauge faces look fuzzy in the pic. They are not in person.
restored_gauges.jpg
Many thanks to Dave McMunn for the months-long loan of his spare set (below, for comparison - click the image to reveal the rest of it).

N.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Re: Restored gauges!

Post by alimey4u2 »

Looks grrrrrrrrrrrrrr8...
ICOA # 656

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

Looking real good Nils! Are you riding it already?

Steve
82 CBX, 82 CB900F Project, 81 CB900(985)F, 79 CB750(810)F, 06 Wee-Strom

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

SteveG wrote:Looking real good Nils! Are you riding it already?

Steve
In short bursts Steve, I am, as I sort out stuff. Next up is the too-tight steering head that has me wobbling along like a drunken sailor :-). I need that locking tab for the top nut, before I retorque the steering head, and I will do one last front-end 'bounce' and re-torque all of that while I'm at it. Then I need to shorten my chain, and bed in the brakes, then for all intents and purposes, it is DONE. So close...

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

NilsMenten wrote:
SteveG wrote:Looking real good Nils! Are you riding it already?

Steve
In short bursts Steve, I am, as I sort out stuff. Next up is the too-tight steering head that has me wobbling along like a drunken sailor :-). I need that locking tab for the top nut, before I retorque the steering head, and I will do one last front-end 'bounce' and re-torque all of that while I'm at it. Then I need to shorten my chain, and bed in the brakes, then for all intents and purposes, it is DONE. So close...

N.
So, meet you in North Adams at noon on Friday? :wink:

Steve
82 CBX, 82 CB900F Project, 81 CB900(985)F, 79 CB750(810)F, 06 Wee-Strom

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

SteveG wrote: So, meet you in North Adams at noon on Friday? :wink:

Steve

While you guys are at it...it is only a short ride from North Adams to Lexington. So why don't you keep going and meet with us other CBXers at Mid Ohio.. :wink: :wink:

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”