Engine protection bars - fasteners or specs needed!

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Engine protection bars - fasteners or specs needed!

Post by NobleHops »

Gang,

I have misplaced the bolts for my engine protection bars, and I'm unsure of what I need, nor can I find any clues on the parts fiches.

I need the whole set, the two that bolt to the front motor mount, the two that join the sections together, and the two that pass through the bosses on the front of the engine. And is there a bushing used at the front of the engine, or do these just pass through without?

Does anyone have a set they can measure for me, or sell to me for that matter? Please note the grade of the bolts if it's visible when you look.

TIA,

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Nils:
Your photo shows the factory hardware - it's rather pedestrian looking stuff. Not up to the usual Honda standard. I've found nothing from Honda that matches up exactly if you can't find the original stuff. The engine mounts don't use bushings - just bolt straight up. You could get stainless hardware or chrome from many bolt suppliers to work.

Dave

TerryL
ICOA Travel Director
ICOA Travel Director

Post by TerryL »

Dave, I think the pic predates Nils 'misplacing' the bolts he now needs.
Ride em if ya got em....

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

TerryL wrote:Dave, I think the pic predates Nils 'misplacing' the bolts he now needs.
Ya, I'm off to my local industrial supply place, bars in hand, and I'll find some good stainless that fit, shouldn't be tough. The only one I'd like to get OEM really is that top one with the flange. I'll figger it out :)

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”