Paint for master cylinder

arsey51
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Paint for master cylinder

Post by arsey51 »

Rebuilding front master cylinder for my '79. Any suggestions as to which paint to use to get it looking decent. Was thinking of using PJ1 Paint, but open to suggestions from anyone who has done this in the past.

Thanks
ARSEY51

HondaCBX6

Paint

Post by HondaCBX6 »

I just used Gloss black Rustolium. Looks great even after two years! Of course mine is a '82 and it was gloss black to begin with.

John
Remember when baseball cards in the spokes transformed any bike into a motorcycle?

jt
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Master Cylinder Paint

Post by jt »

I've just used PJ1 Gloss Black Porcelain Hard Epoxy paint. After a few days dry very hard.

JT
JT In Texas

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever
have to deal with, watches you from
the mirror every mornin'.

Ed Yancy

Post by Ed Yancy »

I have painted many bike calipers and master cylinders, and my favorite by far is Duplicolor engine enamel, available at mainly autopart stores. I like the 'fan' nozzle on the can, makes for really nice application, easy to apply w/out runs, and pretty darn durable for the long haul, of course, brake fluid ruins any of them. The black is great, and I used a 'cast iron coat' color on my ninja cause they were dark grey to start with there. I really love that color now, and use it on lots of stuff! As with any paint job, preparation is key. Bead blasted then washed with something like clorox is my method of choice... ... Good luck!---Ed Y.
'82 CBX, '71 SL70, '92 ZX-11, '78 KZ1000, and a wife and 2 little kids that insure no time left for any of the above... ...

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”