Someone is buying ALL Honda's CBX parts?

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

CBX Parts

Post by EMS »

Louis: We are all entitled to our opinions and free in our decisions what to do. We only have to live with the consequences, mostly how we are seen by others.
I make you a personal promise: If it ever comes to the point - which is quite possible - that you are the only decent source for parts to keep my two CBXes running, I will pour a can of gasoline over each and set them on fire!

Jim-Jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

CBX Parts

Post by Jim-Jim »

Let me see if I have this straight. You have two CBXes and, at some point in time, both of them are in completely whole condition but each is unable to run because of the lack of a SINGLE critical part that is not available from anyone except Louis. Instead of obtaining these parts from Louis (we'll assume he has them), and continuing to ride and participate in the CBX world, you will set both of them on fire, thereby destroying two fine machines (granted) and, at the very least, depriving the rest of the CBX world an additional source (albeit small) of working parts which you would, of course, provide at no extravagant charge plus shipping. Do I understand that correctly? Interesting.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

CBX parts

Post by EMS »

Yes, Jim! You got this straight. Weird world, isn't it? I'd rather burn the things than giving a parts shark the chance to dismantle them and rip off others. But see, this is actually the beauty of living in a free country. We can all do as we see fit. So can Louis!

LOUIS

Parts

Post by LOUIS »

There is probably more than 1 person that has the same thinking as you and thats okay. When you get ready to have a bon fire let us all know that would be very interesting. The only bad thing about it I would hate to see a grown man cry. Well at least there will be allot of other CBXs out there that will be running for years to come because of me selling them parts. I have no reason to hide what I do. There are some that sell parts and do not give 2 hoots about the bikes {CBX} at all and thats where you need to get your parts. They make a more than a fair mark up and strip many more than I would ever think of. Thats okay , What you do not know about that seems ok as long as we have our blinders on we do not care what other are doing. Ride to it dies or start it on fire what ever turns your crank. LOUIS

cb1100f
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by cb1100f »

Ok, here's a couple hypothetical situations, let's see where we all weigh in.

Situation 1:
'79 Candy Glory Red in PERFECT condition. Paint, finish, all original, original owner, 3456 miles. One slight problem number 4 connecting rod is sticking out of the engine, both upper and lower crankcase halves are shot, other damage unknown.

Situation 2:
'79 Candy Glory Red in badly weathered condition, it obviously went down hard years ago, and has sat in a garage/barn somewhat exposed to the elements for at least the last 10 years. Rusted tank, discs, etc. Mileage 3456.

Situation 3:
'79 Candy Glory Red old and tired 60,000 miles. Still runs, smokes, low compression in a couple cylinders, needs tires, brakes, clutch, FULL tune up. All body parts have dings and dent's, suffered a bad paint job some years back.

Which of these bikes would be ok to part out? any? all? some? none?
I'm interested and I'm sure other are also in the opinions for each situation.
[b]Glenn[/b]

'83 CB1100F , '82 CBX, '94 Wife

[url=http://cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1524][color=blue][b]Here's the CBF FAQs[/b][/color][/url]

Ron#5602
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ron#5602 »

Situation 1. I would purchase a good motor form Louis and drive on.

Situation 2 an 3. Probably have to sell for parts, even though I've fixed worse.

Ron#5602

Ric
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ric »

EMS HAS A PROBLEM...listen up.....EMS's problem stems from the fact that he also owns a Kawasaki triple. Therefore, in addition to hanging out around here, he must also hang out around the fine folks involved in Kawasaki triples.

Over in the dark world of the 2-stroke we do not have a problem like that discussed here. Thus, EMS is confused and broken hearted.

EMS.....don't set fire to your CBX's, relative to the market, strategically part them out at rediculas low prices.

I can't remember the last time I paid money for a triple part or sold a triple part for money. I dare say there are far more triples out there than CBX's.

EMS..you coming to Deal's Gap May 16-18 ???

"aaahhh....saying it's your job don't make it right boss "....Cool Hand Luke.

Wingggg...Dingggg.....Dinggggg.......Paaa...Paaa..

Tom Whaley
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Two Strokes On CBX Forum!!!

Post by Tom Whaley »

Everyone has their own thing to do, or what motorcycles to like or collect. Myself I'm tired of reading about two stroke motorcycles (very loose term) on this forum :evil: I find them to be a noisy, obnoxious, smoking, ill handling piece shit :flame: They were exactly that when they were new and they haven't improved with age :flame: With that said let me give my view of of situation 1,2 and 3. I would use either 2 or 3 as a donner for 1's engine case's and combine 2 and 3 to build another complete CBX. It probably wouldn't be a stock bike though. I would sell of some of the extra parts to help finance the projects. I feel much better now. :roll:
Tom Whaley

"aka" The Rocketman

Take care of your CBX's and each other.

Because a club is suppose to be fun. "TIM WARE"

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Several things

Post by EMS »

Ric: I may not make it to Deal's Gap. Don't come back from Europe until May 16. :(
Tom Whaley: I always thought "real motorcyclists" have a passion for and like ALL motorcycles - except for the die-hard Harley guys, of course, who don't wave at anybody else other than riders of "their" brand. Besides, two-stroke motorcycles dominated the world GP circuit for decades and would still run circles around 4-strokes of twice the displacement. :wink:
Glenn: You forgot one scenario: 4 - A guy has an average condition - not concourse material - CBX for sale for $2,800. It has 20,000 miles on the clock. It runs fine, needs a little TLC to be a decent rider. Do you buy it to take it apart in order to sell them sum of parts for twice what you paid, just so you can make some money? :?
As I said before, we are all free to do as we please and entitled to our own opinions (I hope!). We can always create hypothetical scenarios to justify whatever action or behaviour we need to justify. Just remember, the CBX is not a bike you will find at any corner or junkyard. To find a real beater that deserves no more than parting out is difficult. It was relatively rare in its days and it is getting rarer as we speak. By now most bikes are decent runners. My belief is, there are other ways of keeping it alive and in numbers than cannibalizing those units who do not meet the high standards of certain "enthusiasts". That's all! :!: This can get really ugly, so I will refrain from posting any more on this subject. :)

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”