Piant codes

Dave Hansen
Power Poster
Power Poster

Piant codes

Post by Dave Hansen »

I know this has been brought up before but I can't find anything on it. Does any one have the Honda paint code for a Silver 79? Or a code for a match to it? Thanks for the help. Dave

ken79
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Paint codes

Post by ken79 »

Dave,

According to the CBX Vital Statistics posted elsewhere on the ICOA site,
the color code for the Perseus Silver is NH-101M-U (1979).

Ken

Dave Hansen
Power Poster
Power Poster

My bad

Post by Dave Hansen »

I should have looked a little harder before I wrote that. :oops: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :P Have a great day :thumupp: Dave

chevok
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Decals...

Post by chevok »

Does anyone know of a source for decals for an '82? I have two that need painting and my only other option would be finding someone who can use one as a 'model' and paint the stripes on--not sure my budget can afford that...

Thanks!!!!!
Ken Brown--Have bike, will ride....

Jim-Jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Decals

Post by Jim-Jim »

At the moment, there are a whole bunch of decals on eBay. Check them out as a source. :lol: Jim-Jim

chevok
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

decals, decals, oh where are the decals???

Post by chevok »

Thanks Jim... I keep checking but still haven't found any for an '82. They mostly seem to be 79/80 decals. I have found some good buys on ebay and also some items that have gone for ridiculous prices...still, it's fun to 'window shop'...

Jim-Jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Decals

Post by Jim-Jim »

I knew there weren't any for an '82 :D but I thought the seller (Dunebuggy) would know who is making them and could refer you to the source. This sounds like an opportunity for someone to do a little business silk screening up some decals for all years :?: Jim-Jim

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

A little off topic maybe, but if anyone is interested, the HJC "Sy-Max" series of helmets comes in a metallic silver which is a near dead ringer for the silver on the '79 bikes.

I bought two just because I was interested in a lightweight composite helmet with the opening front, and since it only came in black, white, red, wine and silver, I ordered the silver.

The metallic in it is the same size it looks to me, and if you sit the helmet on the tank, it's possibly 1/2 shade darker, but when you're wearing it, everyone would swear that they're "matching helmets."

Don

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Helmets

Post by EMS »

Now Don, you need to find us a red helmet also.. :wink:

dkrager
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by dkrager »

HJC's candy red is a dead ringer for glory red. Slap on a dark smoke face shield and you will really have the early X thing going on. 8)
see for yourself I accidently got the helmet in the picture.
album_pic.php?pic_id=1

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Paint and Decals

Post by EMS »

Too bad the lid is a full-face. :roll: On my '79 I prefer an open-face jet-style helmet. Just looks sooooo much cooler 8)

Chevok: I am going to Europe in a few weeks. I have a source there for all kind of NOS/Obsolete Honda and Kawa Parts. I do not have a microfiche for 81/82. If you - or someone else - can dig out the part-numbers for the 82 decals, I will check what I can find. A word of caution: The original water tranfers are actually lousy and warp and deteriorate with age to the point they fall apart, when you put them on. Vinyl replicas are much better. But where to find them??

chevok
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Decal Codes...

Post by chevok »

Thanks, I'll see if I can chase down the decal info for the '82s...

Ken Elmore

82 DECALS

Post by Ken Elmore »

Ken,
This is Ken, over.

I am working with a company right now on decals for both the 81 and 82 models. I want to repaint one of my 82's to look "better than factory" with clear coat over the decals. EMS is absolutely right about the OEM decals--at this point, I would not consider them an option at all. We need some brand new stuff. I will definitely post the info on this site when these are ready for sale.

I am also seriously considering manufacturing the ProLink crash bars. I am told that there are no more available from Honda and I would like to buy a half dozen sets myself. Does anybody know anything more about availability of these bars or anyone else manufacturing them? I do not want to reinvent the wheel if someone is already doing it.

This whole parts issue is getting quite colorful already. :shock:

Take Care, Ken
Ken Elmore, ICOA 5645

CBX-CLUB Deutschland 844, der einzige Ami

Ride Hard, Be Cool

(3) 79's, (2) 80's, (1) 81, (2) 82's

Mel Watkins ICOA 1876

Re: Paint and Decals

Post by Mel Watkins ICOA 1876 »

EMS wrote:Too bad the lid is a full-face. :roll: On my '79 I prefer an open-face jet-style helmet. Just looks sooooo much cooler 8)

Chevok: I am going to Europe in a few weeks. I have a source there for all kind of NOS/Obsolete Honda and Kawa Parts. I do not have a microfiche for 81/82. If you - or someone else - can dig out the part-numbers for the 82 decals, I will check what I can find. A word of caution: The original water tranfers are actually lousy and warp and deteriorate with age to the point they fall apart, when you put them on. Vinyl replicas are much better. But where to find them??
The original Honda decals are not water transfers they are solvent based.Thats why if you try and fix them by soaking in water they fall apart. Sunrise Graphics in the Uk is best supplier of 79 decals in waterslide or self adhesive.He hopes to have 81/82 before too long. www.sunrisegraphics.co.uk for price list or email jdkenworthy@zoom.co.uk

chevok
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by chevok »

Cool... looks like we're going to get a couple of sources for decals. Keep us posted!

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”