CBX damaged cylinder fins

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

A few years ago, Susan and I were in the market for a "Grandma" car. After doing a lot of research, we narrowed our choices down to a lease-return Toyota Avalon and a new Ford 500. Pretty similar appointments, and the 50k mileage Avalon cost the same as the new Ford.

Basing my decision on past experiences, we chose the Avalon, figuring the re-sale after 5 years and 80k miles would be a wash, but the Toyota mechanics were closer and far easier to deal with.

We now have 95k on the Avalon, and the 500 is highly rated for re-sale. Hmmmmm. We'll see how it plays in another couple of years.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Here is another reason why people perceive a U.S. car to lose more of its value quicker:

Chrysler just announced it will shut down all 30 vehicle plants for at least one month (not the issue). Chrysler Financial has announced efefctive January 1, they will charge the dealers fees for the amount they owe on new cars that are sitting unsold for more than 360 days. And here it comes: 10% of the amount owed on new 2008 cars and 50% of the amount owed on any new 2009 models that are over 360 old :shock: :shock: How can a 2009 model-year car be over 360 days old by January 1, 2009 :? :?: :shock:
My wife bought a new 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee in November of 2002. Two months later, in January of 2003 the dealer had brand new 2004 models on the lot! Her car lost $8,000 in book value in 2 months. :roll:

LEA
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

CBX damaged fins

Post by LEA »

HI Alimey4u2 and all Others guys
Have been out a long time from this forum
LOOKING IN today and saw a lot of discussions but not of cylinder fin repairs....
PLEASE DONT Excuse that you change sublect and discussing a more important problem as we all see the result of the "rotten bankworld" all of the World, just here in Sweden we have both SAAB and Volvo without much hope, a lot of thousand carmakers have already been unemploided and it seems tó be worser everyday
Its a chain effect ; the selling and bying Companys cant lend money from the Banks anymore no business no work....
What now will happen I dont know but I believe 2009 will be a bad Year generally all over the World with more unimployed people
I Hope OBAMA effect will work!! :D
Regards
Lars Erik

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Re: CBX damaged fins

Post by alimey4u2 »

LEA wrote:I Hope OBAMA effect will work!! :D
Regards
Lars Erik
It's working already, my stock portfolio has gone up by 10%....Now I need the timing to get out at the right moment.. :lol:

Seriously, very tough days ahead, it was announced yesterday the icon of "Britishness" ... Wedgewood pottery was in the hands of receivership. Been producing pottery since the 18th century... :?
ICOA # 656

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”