New Oil Cooler Hose

koffey25
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

New Oil Cooler Hose

Post by koffey25 »

In the process of working on my CBX i seem to have punctured a whole in the left oil cooler hose...since they are discounted was wondering if anyone knew of either a way to fix it, a place to buy a new one, or if someone has one for sale....thanks for your help

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: New Oil Cooler Hose

Post by EMS »

There is a set on ebay right now. Even comes with a Prolink 5-row oil cooler which would be an upgrade, if you ahve a '79. If not it is a great deal anyway for $99.- Buy it now, so there is no bidding!
Don't pay an arm and a leg for a used oil line!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/81-Honda ... ccessories

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

You can upgrade using stainless AN25 braided hose from Summit Racing using brass ferrules from McMaster Carr. I did a thread on CBXWORLD a few years back on how to do...May still be there ?
ICOA # 656

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

alimey4u2 wrote:You can upgrade using stainless AN25 braided hose from Summit Racing using brass ferrules from McMaster Carr. I did a thread on CBXWORLD a few years back on how to do...May still be there ?
That and somebody just contributed a vendor reproducing these on the 'links' thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5921

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Here is the info on upgrading hoses taken from my info on CBXWORLD... NOTE: Its AN10 sized hose not 25 as previously stated. Old age is indeed a cruel mistress... :oops:

Just checked all part numbers & they're still good, prices may not be though.... :wink:

Vendor McMaster Carr. http://www.mcmaster.com

Brass hose ferrules (1 pack) Pt # 5349K58 ( US$6.45)

Hexagonal bore clamp on collar 3/4" core (Quantity 1) Pt # 7552K17
(US$ 24.93) I used this as a ferrule crimping tool, been on there for 5 odd years now without any probs...

Vendor Summit Racing. http://www.SummitRacing.com

Aeroquip 10AN hose (10 ft) Pt # AER-FCA1010 (US$61.95)

These items are for use with the existing OEM hose end fittings. To remove, use a "Dremel" saw to cut the OEM ferrules off (two opposed cuts length ways) & pry off. Do not cut through the end of the OEM ferrules ...... there is no need with prying, as there is a chance that you may damage the fittings. Cut each length 6 more inches over the stock as the S/S braided hose doesn't like to bend in a tight (stock) radius...
ICOA # 656

Return to “OILS: Specs, Opinions, Preferences, and more”