CBX is missing....

dr.porsche
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

CBX is missing....

Post by dr.porsche »

Hi all! I have just purchased an '82 CBX and it is a wonderful ride. However, trouble has struck and I need some advice. Knowing how hard all older Honda 4 and 6 cylinder engines are to start, I try to start the CBX every other day. Went out yesterday, and it will not start. Finally get it started and it has a miss. Header number three is cold. I ran through the ignition trouble shooting stuff from the manual and found that the 1-6 and the 2-5 spark units do not behave as the manual states. In the manual it says that after grounding the proper pin in the 6P coupler, you should notice a drop in the voltage from ~12V to 0-2V. Only on the units does this. The 1-6 has no drop and the 2-5 drops only to ~10V. I then tested the pulse generator. The unit for the 1-6 sparks weakly, and the 3-4 sparks very strong. I haven't tested the 2-5 unit yet, but will soon. Now for the questions. 1) Should I replace the spark units based on the tests or did I do something incorrectly? 2) Should the pulse generator be replaced due to the weak spark on 1-6? 3) I am assuming the cold pipe is probably due to no fuel reaching #3, since its sister cylinder is running fine. Any help you can lend will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff :?

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”