6 speed CBX gearbox

Warwick Biggs
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

6 speed CBX gearbox

Post by Warwick Biggs »

I know this subject has been raised in the past but does anybody on the forum have any actual experience with the Remotion 6 speed gearbox?

Roly Skate tells me it is manufactured in the UK so I wonder if any UK CBX owners have installed it? My anticipated use is for historic racing in the Lump, an '82 prolink.

Somebody out there must have used or reviewed it, surely?

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: 6 speed CBX gearbox

Post by wyly »

I inquired about the 6 speed with Bert at SCM he seemed to have some knowledge of it at that time and said it wouldn't be suitable for my needs. He may know more now or even installed one.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Warwick Biggs
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Warwick Biggs »

Thanks Wyly. I understand from Roly that it was commissioned from Nova Racing in the UK but can't find anybody who has actually used it.

Warwick Biggs
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Warwick Biggs »

A check with Nova Racing and they say it is not one of theirs but it appears to be a "nice job" and a bargain if you can get it for $3,000.

However, Nova point out that the CBX cases are too narrow to accommodate an extra pair of cogs without narrowing the other gears thus reducing the life and strength of the gearbox as a whole. Definitely, not suitable for racing and therefore of marginal interest to me.

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bikeymikey748 »

However, Nova point out that the CBX cases are too narrow to accommodate an extra pair of cogs without narrowing the other gears thus reducing the life and strength of the gearbox as a whole. Definitely, not suitable for racing and therefore of marginal interest to me.
Thanks for this! Never looked at it that way, the narrowed gears. I was always contemplating, after my lottery win comes in, ordering up a set for the thrill of an extra gear to play with.
You just saved me a whack of dough and opened up other financial options for my winnings 😂

Warwick Biggs
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Warwick Biggs »

I'm sorry to upset your plans for your winnings Mikey but Nova do say they think its a good job and REMOTION in Nippon assure me it was made in Japan by a leading coy (albeit they are coy about precisely whom) and I have a contact for a CBX shop in South America that have used it. I am awaiting their response to my enquiry.

So, I guess the jury is still out on whether this product is worthwhile for some cbx owners.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Bert at SCM opinion was that meant for racing and not a street setup.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Warwick Biggs
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Warwick Biggs »

Ratios not really close enuf' for racing. Nova thought it was more street bike focused where less stress on cogs and wider gearing more useful for that application.

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”