A few "make sure" clutch questions

CBX1000FAN
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

A few "make sure" clutch questions

Post by CBX1000FAN »

I need to inspect my 1979 CBX clutch. I did check this forum's valuable info on clutches... however I miss a few things (if this is stupid questions I apologize but I've never done this before) :

Question 1: When the clutch cover is removed it comes off with the "pick-up / pulser" as part of the complete clutch cover. Does this need to be set / reset when assembled again? (photo marked C)
clutch 3.jpg
Question 2: When the clutch basket is placed back is there any aligning to be done or can one just insert the "pins" into the gear holes? (photo marked B)
clutch 2.jpg
Question 3: What drives the pulser rotor? Is there any aligning to be done or is it just pushed in?(photo marked A)
clutch 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AshishNJ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: A few "make sure" clutch questions

Post by AshishNJ »

I am a noob but having recently done my 1st clutch swap from a 79 to 81 gave me some experience.
You can pull the pickup along with clutch cover. Pulser shaft has a pin that aligns inside that gear that drives the pickup shaft. So there is no messing around required once everything buttoned back.
Now for the basket, I found it to be easier to assemble the basket and then mount everything on shaft. You are aligning 3 things when you are doing that. 1st is the spline teeth with clutch 2nd the gear teeth that are on the back of clutch to smaller gear and 3rd the two dimples have to fit on the holes of oil pump gear . I hope I am not confusing you. Once all done, I put the nut and tighten it to 38 lb-f (I think it is 33-40 lb-f)
1979 CBX (faster Red)
1981 CBX Streetfighter
2017 Aprilia Tuono.
Past rides : FZ1, BMWS100rr,S1000r,k1300S,YAMA RD350,Enfield 350

CBX1000FAN
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: A few "make sure" clutch questions

Post by CBX1000FAN »

Excellent and thank you so much!! Regards!

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”