Lower Handle Bars

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

That's unusual, Terry, my 79 and 82 bar heights are completely different.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Don #6141 wrote: - I'm searching now for other Hondas which used 39mm forks so I can find a pair of fork caps which don't have the air fittings . . . . preferably chrome ;)

Anybody know what size forks were used on the 750 sandcast?

Don
:D :D The 750SOHCs had 35mm forks. Honda did not venture into 39mm fork tubes until the early 80s, with the 81CBX maybe being the first bike. I don't know whether the CB1100F had air assist forks, but they were 39mm. You may want to check some of the Goldwing applications, 82 or so.

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

cbxtacy wrote:That's unusual, Terry, my 79 and 82 bar heights are completely different.
Both are stock as far as I know.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Terry wrote:
cbxtacy wrote:That's unusual, Terry, my 79 and 82 bar heights are completely different.
Both are stock as far as I know.
In that case, the 79 bars would be significantly higher. I think there is a misunderstanding in the wording that Terry used, involved here. I am not sure.....Are the bars on your 79 and 82 the same measurements as each other or the same as the respective ones shown in the above posts, Terry?

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Same same. Like this pic (and) like eachother, measuring about 6"

Last edited by ICOA WebTeam on Sat May 08, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleaned up HTML for PHPBB3

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Damn Terry, I'm surprised the brake fluid doesn't flash off at that altitude... :lol: :lol:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Terry wrote:Same same. Like this pic (and) like eachother, measuring about 6"
That is indeed strange, Terry, as George said! The bars on your 79 are not stock in that case. They are also not Sport Kit bars. You either have 39mm forks in your 79 or someone put Prolink bars on it and sleeved them. :? :? :?:

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Stock forks on both bikes. When I first got the 79 I pulled off the front end to have the fork seals replaced. Not having another to compare it with, I never thought I had different bars. One side does have the 'stop peg' and the other doesn't but they're the same height and neither have sleeves. How high, what measurement should the stockers be and you're sure the 79's bars are shorter than a Prolinks?

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

and mine are different because my 82 has the sport/euro bars (2 1/2") and my 79 has 37mm forks ('80 GS1000) with VFR750 (I think) bars (2"). All of which doesn't help that much for this thread.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

cbxtacy wrote:and mine are different because my 82 has the sport/euro bars (2 1/2") and my 79 has 37mm forks ('80 GS1000) with VFR750 (I think) bars (2"). All of which doesn't help that much for this thread.
No, it doesn't George :D :D

Terry: The stock 79 bars are higher, not shorter than the Prolink bars. If you compare them on my picture of the different bars next to each other, 79 U.S. stock bars are the highest, Prolink bars are next. The 79 stock bars have a riser length of almost 7 inches.

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”