Fairing

DevonCbx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Fairing

Post by DevonCbx »

Does anyone know where I can purchase a windshield or fairing for a 79 CBX?

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

GIVI is one source for sportier windshields Devon, fairings sometimes come along on E-BAY, if you want the euro sportier racing type, try www.ebay.de ( may be a wait) which is the German E-Bay...
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

It really depends on what you are looking for. The best available compromise between wind protection and looks would probably be a Hondaline fairing (like the Prolink). Mounting hardware is an issue. The smaller fly screens Larry is referring to can be quite effective, looks may be a matter of personal taste. Most of the classic half headlight fairings do not work well on the CBX due to the relatively high handlebars. They do not sit in the right position relative to the fairing cut-out.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Re: Fairing

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

DevonCbx wrote:Does anyone know where I can purchase a windshield or fairing for a 79 CBX?

I agree with Mike....it all depends on what looks and functionality you are looking for ...sport, tour, both. Small handlebar or larger bike mounted.

Way back in the day I mounted a replica 1980 Suzuki GS1000s fairing. I liked the looks and it did block airflow on the chest. It also effected handling at max rpm in 5th! I took it off, trimmed the back fiberglass quite a bit so it would fit on my white Goldwing 1975 Endurance Racer :lol: ....see photo of it and lots more fairings in the thread and pix posted in the link below

Here is a link to lots of early models with fairings.......
viewtopic.php?p=12869&highlight=fairing#12869

Let us know how it all turns out.

Mike
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”