Kenda balancing

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Kenda balancing

Post by Terry »

After having new Kendas mounted on my 82 I noticed the tech left the original wheel weight on the front rim. Above 75 I felt a hard vibration up front, more up and down than left to right. Had the shop remove the front and rebalance it and it took nearly two ounces, 50 grams of weights. The good news is the vibration is gone. Rode about 300 miles today up and down the Sacramento river road, hiway 160, testing out a new helmet, with no probs at all. What a great touring bike! 8) two lane river levee road or freeway. :D
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I would have "a word" with that Tech to make sure he understands his error Terry..... :idea:
ICOA # 656

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

alimey4u2 wrote:I would have "a word" with that Tech to make sure he understands his error Terry..... :idea:
Ha, I plan to. Not only for that but get this, I also had them wire a couple cig lighter power outlets for my V1. Its really kinda funny but whenever I hit the horn button the radar detector sounds off a loud warning! Suppose they chose the horn relay for a hot lead? :lol: :lol:

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

The front tire was off by 50 grams! Now (balanced) it has no vibes at all at speed. The service manager explained to his tech that all wheel weights should be removed on future tire balancing and (then) counterweights should be added. Rides nice now. :D

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”