longer swing arm and lowering the front end?

426 Hemi
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

longer swing arm and lowering the front end?

Post by 426 Hemi »

I read some posts not to lower the cbx, that will cause handling problems? My last CBX in 85 i added a suz 1100 alum swing arm.. The swing arm was about 3 inchs longer and the shock location was a bout 3 inchs back from the stock CBX shock mount .. This lowered the bike 3 or four inchs.. In the front i dropped the fork tubes in the trees 2 inches..Now i'm no raod racer i'm a drag racer but i drove with this combo for 2 or 3 years with no problem at all ..The bike had a big bore kit , pipes ect ect ..The bike run low 10s and handled at speeds of 130+ like it was on rails ..Remember i don't road race so i don't know what kind of manners it had in hard twisties .. but i put many street miles on this combo and had zero problems on the street .. Does anyone know of some one that sells a longer swing arm or would i have to fab one like i did years ago? Please feel free to chime in if you think i'm nuts about lowering the bike.. Was i just lucky years ago or is there a real problem lowering the bike ..Thanks Lee...
If it doesn't have a big motor i'll walk..

randymeliota
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by randymeliota »

SWINGARM.COM, from the UK, they will sell you an aluminum swingarm braced or maxi-braced and lenghtened and widened to your specs...about $800 delivered to your door ..............

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Depends on the money you want to spend, there are a couple places in the U.K. where you can buy a lengthened arm or have it made.

I think the 81/82 pro link arm is longer and so is a CB1100F, not by much but longer and I bet you could lengthen a Prolink arm pretty cheap.

jb

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”