Exhaust Identification Needed

Want2ride
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Exhaust Identification Needed

Post by Want2ride »

I am representing a CBX sale for a widowed friend of mine. It's a 1981 model. To represent it I'd like to know the manufacturer of the exhaust parts if possible.

Does anyone know the brand of exhausts seen in the picture? It looks to me like a stock header (6 into 2) and slip-on replacement mufflers, and then a somewhat down turned tip was added to that to keep the exhaust heat away from the saddlebag.

Can anyone identify the headers, muffler or tips? My guess is the mufflers were either rusted or were damaged and were replaced at some point.

I have no financial interest in this, but just trying help out friend. BTW I think it sounds pretty good with them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Want2ride
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Exhaust Identification Needed

Post by Want2ride »

Looking further at the header pipes, I now don't think they are stock as they don't have cross over pipes under the engine and other differences from stock.

On the tips, it looks like the baffles were removed and tips are set screwed to the baffle outlets.

I can't see any markings on the pipes or mufflers but maybe there...

Anyone know anything about these pipes?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

It's a modified Mac system.

Dave

Want2ride
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Want2ride »