Rubber Side/Center Stand Bumpers on Exhaust?

Wheels24
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Rubber Side/Center Stand Bumpers on Exhaust?

Post by Wheels24 »

After a search, I still can't determine exactly what I need or where to get them. I have a 1980 CBX with the side stand and center stand bumpers missing. I can't determine if they're supposed to be round (as in some parts diagrams for the side stand bumpers) or square (as in some photos). I've found some sources for round and square, but am not sure exactly what I need.

The bracket on the (stock) exhaust where the side stand hits is rectangular and roughly 1" wide x 3" long with 2 holes in it. the bracket where the center stand hits is roughly 1" square with 1 hole in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm not concerned about museum-quality correctness, but I want to make it as correct as I can. My main focus is functionality. I still ride the old girl!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gary in Maryland
Gary

1980 CBX

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Rubber Side/Center Stand Bumpers on Exhaust?

Post by daves79x »

You need a rectangular one for the sidestand and a round one for the centerstand. '79 only had two round ones. The rectangular one is not available from Honda, round one is but it will be blue. Louis or Terry here may have a rectangular one to sell.

Dave

Wheels24
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Rubber Side/Center Stand Bumpers on Exhaust?

Post by Wheels24 »

Thanks Dave, as always! Will wait to see if Louis or Terry have anything available to replace the rectangular side stand bumper. ...and I'm OK with a blue round one for the center stand.
Gary

1980 CBX

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”