Optional gauges

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Optional gauges

Post by daves79x »

This is the accessory fairing wiring I was referring to that was not on the early '81s. Later '81s and all '82s had it from the factory.

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

What do you base this on, Dave? I have an early 81, serial number 113 and it has the instruments, thus the wiring.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

A couple of things - From recollection, that is what I remember. Second, the part states exactly what it is for, so why would you need this if every Pro-Link already had one? It is an accessory part number, not a standard part number. I've installed the accessory gauges in 3 different Pro-Links and have original instructions somewhere for those gauges and in them somewhere it explains that you need this sub-harness if your bike does not have one. This implicitly means to me that some bikes did not have it. All three of mine did. That's what I know and remember, take it for what it's worth.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I know that if your Prolink did not have instruments, it probably did not have a sub harness. The question was how did you arrive on the assumption that early 81s were different to late 81s and 82s?

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Again, the 3 Pro-Links I have put gauges in DID have the accessory harness. The rest I explained I think very clearly, the best I can.

Dave

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

My '82 didn't have any gauges but it did have the harness
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

:auto-sportbike:

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”