need wiring diagram for SC06 urgently

Werner Kiefhaber

need wiring diagram for SC06 urgently

Post by Werner Kiefhaber »

I got a problem with my recently bought SC06. I am unable to start the Engine. Nothing happens when I press the starter button. The Battery has enough Voltage and the Magnetic Switch seems to work, i.e. the starter runs, when I shorten the two pins on the magnetic switch. My problem seems to be somewhere between the starter button and the magnetic switch.

I would be glad, if anyone can send me the wiring diagram to kiefhaber@web.de

If you have anything else, I would apologize, too. There used to be an owners manual on cbx.iperweb.com, but it disappeared.

BTW, do you have any tips, how to access the wiring box underneath the headlight? Do I have to unscrew the fairing?

jdeatsch
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

the wiring...

Post by jdeatsch »

Whilst I have not a clue what an SC06 might be I ASSUME (G) it's a CBX 1k.

You have mail Werner.

Jim
"Racing improves the breed" - Sochiro Honda

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

SC06

Post by EMS »

The SC06 is the Pro-link version. Europeans tend to use CB-1 for 79, SC03 for 80 and SC06 for 81/82. The are the first digits of the VIN-numbers.

Werner: Ich habe ein ungebrauchtes 4-sprachiges Fahrerhandbuch fuer 81/82. Allerdings ist es sicher guenstiger fuer Dich so ein Ding auf e-bay in Deutschland zu ersteigern. Werden staendig angeboten. Ich werde ein Photo von dem Schaltplan im Service Manual machen und Dir zusenden.

The Private Message mail-box still does not work. Can not retrieve any messages.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Start

Post by EMS »

Totally forgot: :wink: may sound really dumb, but did you check whether the engine kill switch is in the "run" position? Happened to me before. Kid from next door hangs around the garage and fiddles on the buttons. Next time I want to start, I crank and crank and crank and drain the battery. :oops:

jdeatsch
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

THANKS EMS...

Post by jdeatsch »

Now I get it on the SC06 deal.

I shoulda figured that out. At least he got the right schematic. <G>

Jim
"Racing improves the breed" - Sochiro Honda

ray forsyth

Post by ray forsyth »

It is still there. Not a chart but a descriptive narrative that is just as useful. I have used it myself on my 79 cbx.

http://www.cbxclub.com/protect/echart.pdf

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”