ALTERNATOR BRUSHES

Jim-Jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

ALTERNATOR BRUSHES

Post by Jim-Jim »

Hey, everybody,
I am exploring getting brushes from a carbon company to replace worn ones on the metal holders. I want to initiate an exchange program for the members to exchange worn units with rebuilt brushes. What I need now is some worn brushes from all of you to kick the program off. If I can start this up, we should be able to get new brushes for about half price or less. I don't have positive quotes yet but right now I need all the worn brushes I can get. To kick it off, I will pay $1 per brush or you can build up a credit to apply against the new ones when I get it rolling. If you can spread the word to others, I would appreciate it to get this going - I need the worn brushes to perfect the replacement process.
Thanks all.
Jim-Jim

T. MacNeill

Alt Brushes

Post by T. MacNeill »

You know, A fellow in Alberta by the way of Bob Chafe, of Fort MacMurray, has been doing this for years. I recall Mike Quance also has knowledge of this. As I remember, the brushes are for an electric AC motor.

Regards, Tony

PS Bob sent me a couple of these alternate brushes.

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”