Carb rebuild kits

arsey51
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Carb rebuild kits

Post by arsey51 »

For those of you that have rebuilt the carbs on the CBX - whose rebuild kits have you used and/or whose would you suggest I use? Appreciate all of the valuable info there is on this site. I'm anxiously awaiting to get the X back to roadworthy status. On another note, anybody out there using a 6 into 1 Hooker. When I picked up this bike, the previous owner tossed it in with the purchase. Its not on the bike, I'm leaning towards keeping the stock pipes on. Just curious if anyone has experience with the Hooker and how it compares with the Kerker or DG.

Thanks
ARSEY51

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Carb Kits

Post by EMS »

What year X do you have? I have used NAPCO kits from Sirius in Canada for my 1981. They worked well. 8) I have not seen any offered for the 79 :?:

arsey51

Carb rebuild kits

Post by arsey51 »

I have a '79. I see that TIMS has some in their latest catalog. Just curious if there are any others that are comparable, or should I just order kit/parts from Honda dealer and probably pay thru the nose?
ARSEY51

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Carb Kits

Post by EMS »

If you have a chance to get kits elsewhere, do not go to your friendly Honda dealer :roll: Unless you can afford to pay through your nose :?:

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”