Carb Jetting

Passx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Carb Jetting

Post by Passx »

Hi all,

Just thought I would post a little FYI for those looking to add a K+N indidvidual filter set. I dyno'd my 80 yesterday to check the a/f ratio since adding the Ind. Filter (actually 6-3 filters) set and degreeing the cams & was completely amazed that it's waaay rich at about 10-1 a/f on the main jets. My setup is a Dynojet stage 1 kit w/ the needles set on the 4th clip and 1 washer on top & 1 on the bottom, 79 cams w/the intake advanced 4 deg. & the exhaust straight up, 6-2-1 header, Dyna coils, phased timing (all of the pulser's set at .008in and 120deg apart). With the same setup but only a stock replacement k+n and the cams not phased it ran perfect with #98 mains (13.8-1 a/f) and got great mileage of low 40's-50+. But I had to fool with it, it looks like around 108-110 mains and moving the single washer back to the top should do the trick. All the Honda stock carbureted stuff I've seen seems to be around 15-1 a/f at idle and just off for emissions and then just goes real rich on the mains.

One bright note is that the cam degreeing gave me 6 hp and 6 ft lbs more from 2500-5000 before things got to rich and was still making more hp at 10,000 rpm w/o dropping off, not expecting that.

Anyway hopes that helps some of you dial yours in when you get to it, the Dynojet kits tend to be real rich in their recomendations but they do give you adjustability and you can get better mpg/hp with some time & tweaking. hope it helps,

Steve P. # 5220

cshores
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Dynojet jetting

Post by cshores »

I have not tried a Dynojet kit for the CBX, but I did get one for an 1100f that I had. I remember that I had to drop the main jet size like three sizes to get the bike to run good from what was suplied by Dynojet.....that was Bullshit. From what I've heard they supply the way too rich jets to cover their asses, in case someone ever had some engine damage if running near stoich.
Craig

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”