My CBX smells of petrol/gas

bobcat
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: My CBX smells of petrol/gas

Post by bobcat »

(signature message?)
Aww geee EMS, (to quote you) I wish you wouldn't take things so personally !
But I guess if you are no longer feeling the love and adoration, do what you
must. Whuts yer edress ? Darn, I feel like my CBX just dropped a cylinder. :roll:
Bob
82 CBX, 81 CBX, CB1100F, 79/82 CB900F (avatar)

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Mike has 'quit' before. He knows very well this is the best place in the world to get accurate CBX information. Where is he going to go - Facebook? He doesn't do that either. And you can only have so much discussion on Bring a Trailer. This is far from the worst spat he's had, he'll get over it and still be around, watching if nothing else. Quite seriously Mike, I'm sorry if you got upset over something I did or said. We'll be talking again, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Dave

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

I did a minor amount of tidying up in this thread.

As one of the people that was involved in the...resuscitation of this forum so many years ago, I will share a couple of my observations:

Many more people read this forum than post on it, and when they see name-calling and people needling each other, they get turned off and don't participate, and they think we're all a$$holes.

I've also observed that even the long-timers don't post after an ugly spat - the forum goes quiet for a few days.

So I will ask on behalf of them and myself, please don't bring that here. It's not a good look for the individuals involved nor for those of us that have acted as guardians and shepherds for this little island in the community.

Let's be better than that.

Nils Menten
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

I second that, Nils.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

herdygerdy
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by herdygerdy »

Totally agree Nils. No harm, no foul, and, at the end of the day, nobody's going to jail or hospital from the odd spat on here. But it is important we keep it civil and respectful.
I also totally 'get' daves79x point about seeming to have to repeat himself 'ad infinitum until reaching ad nauseum' on various topics especially as he's been doing this gig for more than just a Summer or two.
Keep up the great work and contributions all.

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”