Carb,Syncing

tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Carb,Syncing

Post by tazz »

Hi guys just had my Carbs Sync but went the bike warm up the rpm go up i turn down the aisle screw and the rpms will not go down. i took the bike back where i got the carburators synchronized and I'm getting no help from them. What the causes of this and how can I fix it? :oops: the rpm go up to 2000 to 2300 and i can't get it down to 900 to 1000 rpm any help here

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Carb,Syncing

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

The shop give you a refund?
Might be an air leak but hopefully it is something simple like the choke cable not being properly installed.
Have a look at this thread for some other ideas.
viewtopic.php?t=6727

Video from Mike Nixon on choke/throttle cables installed properly.[youtube]https://youtu.be/6OrMt7elZOM[/youtube]

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Were the carbs just rebuilt as well? This is a common complaint and there are several threads here addressing the problem.

Dave

tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by tazz »

No they were not rebuilt or remove from the bike just Sync. on the bike.The bike is back with them let see what happen. hope they can fix it for me.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

OK, so the high idle did not exist until the carbs were synced? Then they got something wrong during that process. Yes, they need to check that out, but you'd better cross your fingers, if that's the kind of job they did the first time.

Dave

tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by tazz »

Ok I got the bike back today it look like they fix it I had not had a change to ride it for a long time. Yes Dave i have my fingers cross hope they did a good job.

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”