CBX carb air tees

CBX1980
New Member & Happy To Be Here

CBX carb air tees

Post by CBX1980 »

Hi

Where can I find new air tees and has anyone used the brass air tees?
I have seen some Euro CBXs with the brass ones, but not in the states. Is there any downside to them, other than the install, and where can I find some? Any help would be great. Thanks

:)

broook
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by broook »

You could try motorcyclecarbs.com but not sure if they would have the brass tee`s The plastic ones can be changed without splitting the carbs so I have been told but not sure about the brass ones.

real6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by real6 »

Just purchased some from Tims, they are the aluminum ones with the o-rings in them.

CBX1980

Post by CBX1980 »

Thanks guys, I could not find them on the Tims website sure whish they would get that finished. Motorcyclecarbs.com has the brass ones for around $40.00 ea and I don't want do to this again because the plastic vaporizes. I'll have to find out the price difference between the alloy ones from Tims and the brass motorcycle. com, and buy on which appears to be better for the price. I think either will be way better than any plastic one. Maybe I'll try one set of each and compare the difference in my carb sets. Next time it will be the orings vaporizing instead. Oh well even the CBX is not perfect no matter how hard we try, but is it the best bike of its time, far and away.

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”