Brand new old stock CBX

You are seeing roughly half of our forum - what's here, how to register to see the remainder
Duffey Lake rd.
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Brand new old stock CBX

Post by Duffey Lake rd. »

I asked the seller for the VIN, stay tuned.
-Scott

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

40yr old bikes still in crates bikes do exist but I don't imagine it's common.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwwTHrisisY
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I did find this in my files. Wonder if it is the bike from the OP

P.S. Just looked at the other pics above. That bike has a different odometer reading. ALSO!!! The bike in the earlier picture has a caution sticker on the tank! These stickers were NOT on the bike in the crate, but applied by the dealer during the set-up process. I don't think this bike came "just out of the crate"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CBXTed
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by CBXTed »

I just aquired a 1981 with 2 miles on it. Paint still on the tire tread, no soot in the exhaust, brake rotors unscored, no evidence of ever having been run. I am still sorting thru various inspections before I start it. I paid $9000 to the School Board that sold it at auction. My intention is to ride and enjoy the bike but I was wondering, does this bike have special value if it is truly unrun and almost perfect? No title or key.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ted

Return to “New Users - Start Here”