CBX will not Rev

You are seeing roughly half of our forum - what's here, how to register to see the remainder
Millscbx
New Member & Happy To Be Here

CBX will not Rev

Post by Millscbx »

Having just rebuilt my 1979 CBX 1000z replacing or renovating existing bits over last 5 years time came to start it.
Started at press of the button to my delight, let it tick over for a minute shut the choke and it sat and idled nice at 1000 rpm. Tried to rev it gently and it stopped, started it up again immediate on the button, tried to rev it again it stopped.
Checked all obvious things removed vac tap to make sure fuel wasn't getting starved put some clear fuel pipe on to see flow
It will sit and tick over, can increase with idle screw to 2500 rpm any more & it stops.
Carbs been rebuilt engine all fresh by a trusted engine mans help and sounds perfect when idling.
Please can anyone help me where to look or what to check to allow the bike to work normally :text-thankyouyellow:
I have had the bike 6 X years but it hadn't run for 20 before that, only done 7000 original miles by 1 X owner so a worth renovation back to how it came from Honda
Many thanks to any answers I get

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: CBX will not Rev

Post by tevan »

Check timing and check the advancer to Make sure it snaps back with the springs. Check for good spark at all plugs.

ROBSKIP

Post by ROBSKIP »

Hi there, have you had the engine re-bored during your rebuild? If not this problem could very possibly be because of poor compressions. Have you tested them with a reliable gauge?

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Sounds to me like the carb slides are not opening at all. If they've sat a while since the rebuild, and the towers did not get really clean, it can happen. Pull # 1 and 6 domes and see if the slides are smooth.

Dave

Return to “New Users - Start Here”