Another New CBX Owner

You are seeing roughly half of our forum - what's here, how to register to see the remainder
swagsherman
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Another New CBX Owner

Post by swagsherman »

Good morning, all and thank you for the ad.

My husband and I just picked up a 1979 CBX (rolling chassis with stuff in boxes). She's coming together slowly, thanks to advice found here and ebay parts suppliers. Almost ready to tackle the carb rebuild and already was turned onto Mike Nixon's rebuild manual - it should be here on Tues. She may never be a beauty queen, but she's a gonna run again for sure. Thank you, in advance, for all the help! Wendy
P.S. Sorry- just realized I didn't post this where it belongs... Tried to delete and move but apparently not very smart this morning...
IMG_20200614_114538354_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200531_145101894.jpg
IMG_20200702_181546257_HDR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Another New CBX Owner

Post by NobleHops »

What a great intro, and you did not need any coaching to post photos either! That might be a first :-).

Wendy, I think I speak for all of when I say we all LOVE to see another bike put back together and so please do not be shy about asking for guidance where you guys can use it, or for parts you need, or just info about resources. This is all ground well-covered for most of us and we will be glad to help.

Welcome!

:text-welcomewave: :text-welcomewave: :text-welcomewave: :text-welcomewave:
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Welcome to the site.
As stated, great to see another one rescued instead of parted out.
If you do run into a parts predicament, ask here, probably get it for a better price than Ebay.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Welcome! I see you are in MD. Lots of CBXers in the Mid-Atlantic region. To echo previous comments, please shout if you need anything - assembly help, parts, whatever. And please post your progress.

Dave

Run8nova

Post by Run8nova »

Hello, Another new CBX owner here in Lake Havasu, Arizona. Just learning this posting stuff. Thanks to dave79x for information on BringaTrailer. Mike- Run8nova

Return to “New Users - Start Here”