Hello from British Columbia

You are seeing roughly half of our forum - what's here, how to register to see the remainder
Sixmaniac
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Hello from British Columbia

Post by Sixmaniac »

Hi fellow enthusiasts. I've had my "Silver" CBX for 28 years and bought it with the intent to semi Streetfighter it, as was all the rage in the UK back then. In '96 I took it to the Stafford show in this form to join the CBX owners stand that year and met a lot of great people (how I miss those shows). I emigrated across the Atlantic later that year and brought the old girl with me. I am now retired and have decided to take stock of my dust collectors and as the CBX hasn't been run in at least 10 years, have more or less decided that it will need to find a new home in the next couple of years. It has always been kept indoors and is a sound machine. It will need the carbs rebuilding as the "rubber" parts are almost certainly hard/brittle/decayed, as was the case with my one year younger Black CBX (since gone to a very enthusiastic young guy who rebuilt it - well done).
Anyway, over the coming year I will probably be selling off all the spares and bits and bobs I accumulated over a quarter of a century.
I have all the original parts for the bike shown, with the exception of stock pipes, and the original tank is the one repainted in the photo. Nothing on the bike was cut or permanently altered. I am now in Western Canada. Thank you for letting me join the forum, all the best to everyone for a happy and safe Christmas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Hello from British Columbia

Post by NobleHops »

:text-welcomewave:

That's a really cool bike and I dearly hope that you will find someone that appreciates it as you created it. Welcome to here!
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Welcome to the site, Six.
I like the look of your bike.
Is that VF750 front end?

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Nice bike, nice catch Steve! Those big Honda frt calipers are a dead giveaway.

Sixmaniac

Post by Sixmaniac »

Thanks for the welcome.
Steve, it's a Hondukiha!
I had a fun day going through the shelves at the UK biggest breakers back in '95 picking out bits I thought might work together. Most of them did but I never liked the front wheel choice.
Starting at the front we have an early CBR600 front wheel, Suzuki mudguard, VF1000R forks and calipers, VFR750 discs, and homemade triples.
I think it's a Jardine exhaust system but there are no markings on it at all.
Seat unit is a GSXR400RRSP (they sure like all their letters) with a homemade subframe.
FZR1000 swingarm modified for twin Hagon shocks, CBR1000 rear wheel* and GSXR caliper and torque arm. *Sprocket offset is different on modern rear wheels and some machining is required to align with the CBC motor drive sprocket.
I prepped all the bodywork and a friend blew on the colour.
I know it has more value with all the original parts put back on except that the tank would now stick out like a sore thumb. Anyway, the future custodian can decide what they want to do. Getting paintwork done this side of the pond is much more expensive than back in Blighty.

Duffey Lake rd.
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Duffey Lake rd. »

That looks like a nice "show" bike.
Yes, 40 years on, the bikes that were left stock are now climbing faster than the customs.
I hope you are surviving all that extreme weather that Merritt is having.
I have an 80' CBX 'modded' bike and live in Burnaby BC
In British Columbia, there are a lot of bikes just sitting in storage.
A dealer told me last summer, one Honda warehouse still has some 81/82 CBX's in the crate.

-Scott

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Duffey Lake rd. wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:43 pm

Yes, 40 years on, the bikes that were left stock are now climbing faster than the customs.
my tendency to hoard and not sell of spares will pay off, even though I've modified my 79 I've kept all the oem bits and haven't done any modifications that can't be undone. When the time comes to part with my 79 it'll be sold with all it's oem spares.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

sixofsix
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by sixofsix »

Just to let you know we are having the BC CBX Rally this year in Nelson at the Alpine Motel July 8-10th. Includes a Treasure Hunt all over the Kooteneys. We've been having CBX Rallies in BC since 1992. Last year it was in Kaslo. Previous locations have been Three Valley Gap, Revelstoke, Nakusp and New Denver as well as Nelson two other times.
Come on out and ride your CBX on fantastic twisty Kooteney roads!
Tony
ICOA #0006

Return to “New Users - Start Here”