How To Add Pictures To Your Post

What's here, how to use it, where to get help.
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

How To Add Pictures To Your Post

Post by EMS »

You can use the "Gallery" section to store and add pictures to your post! Here is How To:

First make sure the picture you have on your computer is not larger than 1024x768, i.e.: 1024 pixels wide and 768 pixels tall. Also, make sure it is a JPG or PNG file. BMPs, TIFs or GIFs will not work!

Click on "Gallery" in the blue navigation bar in the top right header area between “FAQ” and “Members”. This will take you to the album section. Click on “ICOA Photo Album”.

In the left upper corner you will see a link “Upload Image”. Click on that.

It will open a screen to upload the image. Put an image name in the designated field and scroll down and click on “Browse”. This will open a window to allow you to select the image from your PC, Scroll down and click “Submit”. Your image is now in the album.

To put it into a thread, go back to the album and click on the image. The picture will open. Scroll down and copy the “Image BBC Code”, which is the image number between two [album] tags.

Go to your post and paste this into it. Voilà.

If your picture is within the size limits and an allowed file, all this should not take longer than 15 seconds!

If it still doesn’t show, PM me and ask for help!

zxbob
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: How To Add Pictures To Your Post

Post by zxbob »

Just check'in

Bob :mrgreen:
Good parts aint cheap ~ and cheap parts aint good !

spencer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by spencer »

Are you sure you can't use GIFs?

SCH Rochester, MN

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Yes, you can use GIFs.
When I first rewrote the instructions, you could not. But Nils is a hard man to keep up with :D :D

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

I can certainly see why George (and others) find it nigh onto impossible to post an image

I've been around forums for quite some time, so I'm not a total 'newbie' . . . . and I used to be able to post images here on the old forum, but I'd never done one since Nils has everything reorganized, so I thought I'd give it a go

I posted to a thread and then set about trying to edit it to add an image, so it was easy at the end to calculate how long it took me - Right at 25 minutes

At the top header between FAQ and MEMBERS, I don't have 'GALLERY' . . . . I have a SEARCH box instead. I did eventually get into GALLERY by going through the User Control Panel, but it took several keystrokes. After a fashion, I was able to up set up a personal album, name it and get my photo uploaded to it - Took me about 15 minutes . . . . would probably have been longer, but I'd had some experience on the old forum. It took me another ten minutes (and 4 seperate tries) to get that photo to show up in my post to the thread though - Some of that was me doing things incorrectly and then retrying another method. I kept jumping back to the instructions here without which I wouldn't have had a clue. I could do it again now for another picture in probably two minutes or less . . . . if I didn't goof anything up and have to make corrections ;)

When I first bought my Miata in 1999, we had the 'Big List' (similar I assume to the Brewer List) before Miata Forum came along. I never really cared for the list and was really glad when we got a forum but from my personal experiences with both, I can understand why we have some members who only participate on the Brewer List . . . . for someone with marginal computer skills who isn't a quick learner it's a simple, nearly foolproof way to keep in touch - Unfortunately, the only ones you can keep in touch with are other computer challenged folks like yourself. Navigating around a forum (even one as well organized as this one now is) is still not something easy for those who have marginal computer skills or those who get frustrated easily - Thankfully, I don't fall into the last category . . . . well at least not with computers. Everything having to do with computers has been a struggle for me for the past 20 years, so you get used to everything taking forever to get right

When you have the proper background, things like this are so incredibly simple that you can't fathom why everybody can't do it

I have marvelled at Spencers flashing turn signal light since he first sent it to me in an e-mail months ago - There is no way I could accomplish something like that in a week . . . . even if he sent me 5 pages of detailed instructions. I so admire those who can do new things with computers . . . . but unfortunately, I'll never be one of them

George, I think it''s a lot like flying a plane - When you're a pilot with 1,000 flight hours under your belt, it's a snap and you can almost do it in your sleep, but (for some of us, me included) computer skills (as logical as the are) are still nothing we're going to get proficient at even with 1,000 hours of practice time - About all I can tell you is . . . . hang in there!

Don

George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by George R. Garrison #0857 »

Don, I to have no GALLERY at the top of my page.

I have SEARCH as you've suggested.

Does your page have "phpbb" at the top left?

No photo's appear on my screen like the old page used to.

Does everyone have this new "phpbb" page or am I into someplace I shouldn't be?

What should my page look like?

When I try to post a pic on the sight it runs me in circles. It wear ya out. I have grass to cut, and old 56 plymouth to work on, 6 bikes that need stuff, chores to do and the list goes on, 25 wooden boats that always need something and I work a forty hour week with manditory overtime, so for me to get hung up in a goofy computer problem is a waste of time. The process needs to be user freindly and not a CORNPUTER LAB PROJECT.

Thanks for explaining your situation and letting me share mine.

I feel better now having vented.

No where's my sand paper and PB Blaster.

Later, George in Delaware
I'm into motorcycles, wooden boats, airplanes, wood working and car restoration.

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

George,

My page is the same as yours

You can get there by clicking on 'User Control Panel' though. Then, to the left side under 'Options' you can click Gallery

Under Gallery, click 'Manage Personal Albums' - If you don't have a personal album yet, you'll have to create one. In the center you'll see 'Personal Album' and then click 'Create' off to the right. Once you have a personal album, name it and you're ready to upload a pic into it

Click 'Upload Image' and then down the page a ways you'll see 'File' - Off to the right of the empty box you'll click on 'Browse' . . . . that will let you search your PC for the photo you want. When you find it, you'll get another page and you click on 'Open' - At the bottom of the page, click 'Submit'

You now have an album with a photo in it - You can then follow Mike's instructions to paste the photo into your thread. Basically, you click on the image in your album and that brings up a page with the 'Image BBC Code' and you copy that and paste it into your thread wherever you want it

Here's a picture of my 'new' front wheel ;)

Don

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

It is obviously an issue caused by the way your PC is set up. Nils may have the explanation for this.
But looking at the half picture of the front wheel that Don is posting, I guess you have the same set up as Terry used to have and unfortunately, he lost patience and we lost him as a member over discussions about this. All I can say is, be patient and don't give up. There are still a lot of things to be ironed out and we do not have a webmaster that gets paid for taking care of this.

George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by George R. Garrison #0857 »

Don, Don, Don,

Your info was what I needed. I was able to post a pic or two.

Plus, now I have the original sceen display back.

Man, am I excited. The pics are terrible, but they are on the site and I'll be posting more.

Still cannot get the fuel cap off the tank.

I have a brand new, never used, never opened 81 Prolink tank in Honda carton, but I kinda hate using it. I remember someone telling me that that tank could be work a pretty penny. Oh, well, each day I squirt the key slot with lub hoping that it will penetrate the lock and get to the jammed locking pawls.

But, again thanks for the help and instructions, it was a success. I'm at work and when I get back home from spending a night on the Yacht, I'll attempt it from the home CORNPUTER.
I'm into motorcycles, wooden boats, airplanes, wood working and car restoration.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Video! Using Photobucket. Very helpful.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Goss
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Goss »

Cracked it! :D

Onboard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWSsdKtd64
Bike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofjFhEd3

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Glad you did, Goss.
Now we need to see lots of pics of your beauty.
Here is a clip of the Moto Martin in flight. What exhaust is on your bike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWSsdKt ... er&list=UL

Goss
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Goss »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:Glad you did, Goss.
Now we need to see lots of pics of your beauty.
Here is a clip of the Moto Martin in flight. What exhaust is on your bike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWSsdKt ... er&list=UL
Hello Steve,

Thanks will post some once reformatted.
The YouTube link you posted is my bike :lol: . I posted this recently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKUkC1Sqey4
The exhausts are the original Moto Martin 6 into 2 which are quite rare now.

Regards

Goss
Onboard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWSsdKtd64
Bike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofjFhEd3

Return to “New Users Start Here!”