CBX - Carbon Fibre Fuel Injection Project

Hey, what projects are you planning or preparing for? CBX, other motos, workshop, WHATEVAH!
norzilla
New Member & Happy To Be Here

CBX - Carbon Fibre Fuel Injection Project

Post by norzilla »

Hi All,

Just thought I would share a couple of photos of the Fuel Injection system that I am build for my 1425cc CBX Cafe Racer as un upgrade for the CR Smoothbores currently on the bike.

The core of the system is now complete , but still need to mount them up in 2 x banks of 3 Throttle Bodies then set them at the 20 odd deg V angle. Also still need to machine up the fuel rail and few other bits and pieces.

Starting to look nice and as it is in the photos they only weigh 700gms and with everything fitted including injectors, fuel rail, fuel reg might only weigh in at a total of about 1.5kg , way less than a std set of carbs.

Going to be fitting to this bike;

Cheers
John
Taimoshan Cycle Works

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: CBX - Carbon Fibre Fuel Injection Project

Post by EMS »

Really nice looking set-up, John. 8) Have you figured out how to address the fuel injection control and mapping? What controller will you be using?

norzilla

Post by norzilla »

I have a number of years experience with MIcrosquirt units on bikes and have the latest Microsquirt V3 unit to install, but I am only going to run fuel mapping from the ECU, batch fire triggered from the coils. I will be leaving the PowerArc triple spark ignition in place for the time being as it will save time and re-wiring and there is a definite power benefit to the triple spark system over the single spark option from the Mircosquirt.

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

Wonderful.

EFI is a longer-term goal for my bike. I'm watching this with great interest. I heard that MS V3 is a pretty radical little controller.

Will you be running it closed loop or open? I would really love to get a closed loop setup with a catalytic converter working, but that might be too ambitious.
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

BiKenG

Post by BiKenG »

Any chance of an update to this and some pics of the injection system?

Return to “Project Threads”