Jon's cbx

Hey, what projects are you planning or preparing for? CBX, other motos, workshop, WHATEVAH!
daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Jon's cbx

Post by daves79x »

For me, those conveniences are far outweighed by the bolt-on advantage. The weight can't be much different, not every alternate one you would choose would have eccentric adjusters. For most, it's far easier to weld on shock mounts than to adapt one not made for the bike. I've seen some pretty crappy adaptations, in fact have a couple in my attic.

Dave

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

daves79x wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:11 am
For me, those conveniences are far outweighed by the bolt-on advantage. The weight can't be much different, not every alternate one you would choose would have eccentric adjusters. For most, it's far easier to weld on shock mounts than to adapt one not made for the bike. I've seen some pretty crappy adaptations, in fact have a couple in my attic.

Dave
A bolt on is the way to go for convince, if you have moderate skills and can read a digital caliper fitting an F2 CBR600 is a no brainer, the ZRX Swingarm I have on my CBX only needed a singe spacer to center it in the frame and a bushing in the through bolt to use a stock late model CBX swingarm bolt, the extra bracing was just an execution in overkill, I like the way it looks. The conveniences you speak of allow for an inch and half of up and down height adjustment (flip them) while retaining whatever ever modern shock you desire and a chain adjustment is precise, no guessing like the old bracket style.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Hey Dave, speaking of swingarms in your attic! I’ll give you $275.00 for the Kosman from Mike’s bike or any CBX parts you would like to trade for!

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Never had that one Jeff. Don't know where it went. I have a modified steel one from that era that Mike had something to do with, can't remember what, but I wouldn't run it on anything. It's cut-out so thin near the shock mounts, I'd be afraid of it breaking. The other one I remember being in the attic is an aluminum one from some Suzuki or other that Micky Cohen had on one of his bikes.

I didn't get much of anything of real value from Mike's stash - Jim Z bought most of it and Don S bought the bike along with a bunch of wheels I was SUPPOSED to get. Water under the bridge.

Dave

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Okay Dave, thanks for the reply. :text-thankyouyellow:

Return to “Project Threads”