OKADA PROJECTS PLASMA BOOSTER Multi-spark ignition

Hey, what projects are you planning or preparing for? CBX, other motos, workshop, WHATEVAH!
Duffey Lake rd.
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

OKADA PROJECTS PLASMA BOOSTER Multi-spark ignition

Post by Duffey Lake rd. »

I bought this for my 80 Honda CBX motorcycle, but now I notice it says it's only for 81/82 models.
The 81-82 Honda CBX has 3 CDI OKI MPS-200 Ignition Igniter Control Units
So I probably resell it on eBay if it is not compatible.
It's actually quite small 70mmx 41mmx 27mm and mounts easily.
1 lead to each coil, ground, and battery.
Attach the color wire of the plasma booster using the quick connector provided with the positive wire of the ignition coil. After attaching the attached round terminal, the black wire of the plasma booster is grounded to the engine or frame.

It's supposed to smooth out idle and improve combustion efficiency a few percent.

OKADA PROJECTS PLASMA BOOSTER
FITMENT HONDA CBX1000 81-82 $300 USD
https://japan.webike.net/products/1343839.html

What is PLASMA BOOSTER?
"Plasma booster doubles the secondary current value by connecting it to the ignition coil, and normally it generates only one spark but Plasma booster generates three times or more (multi-spark) to improve combustion efficiency. It is a tuning part. In particular, since this multi-spark is generated in units of one-millionth of a second, it is possible to sustain the multi-spark up to the high rpm range. We have secured specifications that can be sufficiently followed even with a full-tune engine. It can be effective in various driving scenes from city riding to competition.

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... roducts%2F

WebikeTV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqWEJCzd2ko&t=304s

Scott in Vancouver BC

----------------
Message from Webike June 14, 2021;
It does not fit your motorcycle, HONDA CBX1000 1980.

As a result of our research, we found that this product is compatible with the 1981-1982 CBX1000, but not for the 1980 model.

We are sorry for not being able to grant your request.

Please feel free to ask us if you have any other questions.
We are looking forward to serving you.

Best regards,
Webike staff

-----
Hello Scott,

Thank you for purchasing our product.

The Plasma Booster has not tested on the 80 models.
The product you purchased, can be installed but its effect is unconfirmed.
We are sorry we could not be much of a help.

Best regards,

Aya
OKADA PROJECTS Inc.
--
Aya,
Thank you for your response. I will test it on just one of my three coils, to begin with, to see what happens.
The 79-80 CBX uses the same basic Honda TPI system as on the 81-82 model, but the 80 modules are contained in 3 metal boxes that are open on one side, and filled with a black sealer. The black sealer sometimes melts when it gets hot, so Honda changed it to three separate closed metal cases on the 81-82 model.
I hope that as long as the Plasma Booster doesn't cause the 79-80 modules to overheat, that it should be fine.
Scott
--
Hello Scott,
Thank you for your information.

As for the Plasma Booster, it does not cause engine parts to overheat.

However, we are not sure if the product brings an effect as expected because there are many internal system types in the Plasma Booster and we have not measured which one is suitable for the 79-80 model.

Best regards,
Aya

OKADA PROJECTS Inc.

--

Ok Aya, thank you.
I'll try it and see, and do it in a way that I can do a comparative test on it.
Scott

AshishNJ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: OKADA PROJECTS PLASMA BOOSTER Multi-spark ignition

Post by AshishNJ »

Why did you want to buy this to begin with ?
1979 CBX (faster Red)
1981 CBX Streetfighter
2017 Aprilia Tuono.
Past rides : FZ1, BMWS100rr,S1000r,k1300S,YAMA RD350,Enfield 350

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Thanks for the post, Duffey. This type of feedback/info is always good for the community. Much appreciated.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Duffey Lake rd.
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Duffey Lake rd. »

AshishNJ wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:58 pm
Why did you want to buy this to begin with ?
I have a multi-spark ignition on my car and it seems to help, you can get up to 3% better gas mileage, and also you get a smoother engine and cleaner burn.

In its latest generation of engines, Mercedes uses a technology called "Multispark ignition," where each spark plug is fired multiple times (five, to be exact) when igniting the air-fuel mixture inside the cylinder. Why do you ask? Well, it all has to do with efficiency. Jason Fenske of Engineering Explained is here to tell us all about it.

Under low engine loads, it's more beneficial to use a lean air-fuel ratio (that is, there's a lot more air in the mixture than there is fuel). In this situation, it can be difficult to start ignition quickly because of how spread out the fuel is within the cylinder. Mercedes's Multispark ignition system alleviates this problem by simply firing the spark plug more than once per stroke. This creates a bigger flame from the plug, which means less ignition delay, and faster combustion overall.

I want to sync the carbs first, so I haven't installed it yet but when I do will add a switch so I can do a comparison.
In theory, if the CBX fires the plugs 3-4 times instead of once on the top of the compression stroke, there will be fewer misfires.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Project Threads”