Novice here with CBX400 Custom

Hey, what projects are you planning or preparing for? CBX, other motos, workshop, WHATEVAH!
Dead_battery
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Novice here with CBX400 Custom

Post by Dead_battery »

Hi guys, Ive recently purchased an 87' CBX400 Custom, the date seems a bit fresh so i think 82 is more correct being an import and late registration etc. Anyway, Im a 100% NEWBIE to motorcycles, as in I love them, never had one, seen this online as a project and just bought it. The guy before me said his dad was the bike guy but unfortunately fell ill and went be working on it. Obviously it looks completely different from factory, im going to fix, remove some bits, maybe go for a bobber, cafe racer look but unsure. I've to replace the throttle cable, the choke is coming up from the headlight for some reason, the front callipers need replacing too, a new seat, I do have a question about the frame, where he cut the frame, does anyone have ay ideas on how to make it look a bit tidy or what would you suggest?
Highlighted in red .

IMAGE: https://ibb.co/PcC7Jp9

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Novice here with CBX400 Custom

Post by Syscrush »

Hi there.

That sounds like a cool bike, but this website is really about the CBX1000 6-cylinder bikes. You may find another forum is a better source of info for you.

Also, ibb.co seems to be best known for being a malware vector. I don't want to accuse you of anything, but I do suggest that others avoid clicking that link - and I suggest that you post using some other image-sharing system.
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Return to “Project Threads”