1979 CBX 1000 resto.

Hey, what projects are you planning or preparing for? CBX, other motos, workshop, WHATEVAH!
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: 1979 CBX 1000 resto.

Post by EMS »

The mistake in the early service manual has been well documented and talked about extensively. The pages concerned - if corrected - have a different date on the bottom than the rest of the manual. (Page 6-22 Date of Issue : August 1978) Just shows that it is always good to ask questions, even if they seem stupid. Long time members and owners have started to hesitate saying the same stuff over and over as they are being perceived by others to be know-it-alls. I know for a fact that our forum does not have the best reputation as far as this is concerned. No matter that there is no other CBX forum with more combined knowledge and experience with and about this particular Honda model. There are members here who have owned a CBX since 1978 and worked on them since then. You may find forums where is more knowledge about building 200 hp CBXes that can outhandle my Ducati 1098R on the track, but you will not find another forum where someone can disassemble a CBX engine in 45 minutes and tell you what to watch for while you are doing it.

Stevenwr
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by Stevenwr »

Well ...I'm not new to restoring bikes but I am new to the CBX 1000. I'm sure I'll be asking many more stupid questions and I do really appreciate the info.. Better to ask than cause unnecessary damage.

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bikeymikey748 »

....that our forum does not have the best reputation as far as this is concerned.
I don't know about that, Mike. Anytime I've asked any questions on this forum, there's been no end of patient, empathetic and knowledgeable folks more than willing to help out (yourself included :clap: ). It's one of the best forums, in that regard.
So, ask away, Steve, you're in good company. Besides, winter's coming on, we all need a little entertainment :D

Kool_Biker
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Kool_Biker »

bikeymikey748 wrote:
....that our forum does not have the best reputation as far as this is concerned.
I don't know about that, Mike. Anytime I've asked any questions on this forum, there's been no end of patient, empathetic and knowledgeable folks more than willing to help out (yourself included :clap: ). It's one of the best forums, in that regard.
So, ask away, Steve, you're in good company. Besides, winter's coming on, we all need a little entertainment :D
+10!!!
Aris Hadjiaslanis
ICOA # 6309
Berkshire, Windsor

Return to “Project Threads”