Remember Roland Skate?

The fun, the funny, the wacky, and the sublime. Off-topic, humor, whatever. Post it here!
Dave Ditner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Location: Oxford, Michigan except for winter, Wildwood Florida then

Remember Roland Skate?

Post by Dave Ditner »

He's the owner of 666 the CBX racer he campaigns in Australia. Here's an update

G'day supporters of The Beast.

March 9 and 10 we went to Mac Park, Mt Gambier, South Australia, to race at round 2 of the Hartwell Club Championship. We had a good weekend. The Beast went well, (although still a little clutch slip) we sorted the handling a little more and Trev Manley rode excellently to take 4 wins out of 4 races, in the historic class.

After 2 rounds, Trev and The Beast now lead the Championship, by 60 points.

The 1147 engine with the Pipemasters exhaust, is proving a brilliant package around the tighter tracks. I have just fitted gauze filters to the velocity stacks and although we may have lost a poofteenth from the top end, it has given an even more linear power delivery, that more than makes up for a possible drop in peak horsepower and these filters will help the engine last longer. I now need to make up a couple of wire cages, (like Bob put on, when he leased The Beast) to put over the velocity stacks of cylinders 1 and 6, as I can tell by the tailpipe colour, that Trev's knees are restricting airflow and causing these 2 cylinders to run richer. She is sounding, running and looking great and we are very happy with the development that we are doing to make a better handling package.

Next Sunday, The Beast will be part of a display we are doing for the Hartwell Motorcycle Club at the Bikes by The Bay, bike show. Two weeks after that, I'll have her at The Broadford Bike Bonanza. At the end of April we will be racing at Winton. So between the Bike Bonanza and Winton, the exhaust system will be going back to Peter Gray at Pipemasters, to be modified. It is a great system and works perfectly with this engine, but as I am building another engine, we have some ideas that will hopefully unleash some more power. I WILL sort out the clutch slipping issue and Trev will have a crack at a bit of machining that will hopefully stiffen up the rear end wallows. I'll tell you about these mods, later.

Thanks one and all for your support.

Best regards

Rol.

Roland Skate.

Mel Bristow PowerHouse CBX Racing Team.
2 attachments — Download all attachments
Trev, Rol and The Beast and 1st place trophy Trev, Rol and The Beast and 1st place trophy
129K Download
Trev on Beast, Mac Park 2013 Trev on Beast, Mac Park 2013
144K Download
Davey

9 Xs: 4-79s, 1-80, 1-81 and 3-82s

Return to “No Redeeming Value”