MV Augusta 350cc 6 cylinder Video

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

MV Augusta 350cc 6 cylinder Video

Post by alimey4u2 »

Large file size but worth it. The raspy exhaust note is due to very thin gauge megaphones resonating. Enjoy......

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/ ... -350-6.flv

CBXTRA6
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXTRA6 »

Larry,
Where and when was it taped ? Who owns this rare specimen ?
JP

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

RASPY! Can't recall if I posted this before so here it is. Just the sounds, but with good speakers, its enough! I like the V8 Guzzi myself but many of them are worth listening to,

http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Sounds.htm
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I think it was taped in Italy & I think MV Augusta still own the bike.... My Italian is very poor & it was tough for me to translate. When Louis is not so busy, he may be able to.....

Mike (MBB) prompted my memory in one of his posts so I went on a cyber search to find it..... This one was ridden by Mike Hailwood (before he joined Honda) but he was beaten by his team mate Agostini on a 4 cylinder.... :oops:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

The 3-cylinder 350 actually "morphed" into a 500cc in 1967 replacing the ageing 500 Four in face of stronger Honda competition in that class. In 1972, MV returned to 4-cylinders with both a 350cc (Agostini) and a 500cc (Phil Read). Agostini won the 350 title in both 1972 and 1973, before he moved to Yamaha to become the first rider ever to win a 350 championship title on a two-stroke in 1974.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”