FLORIDA CURVES

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

FLORIDA CURVES

Post by Louis »

Saturday Bill from TIMS and I took a nice ride we went to the famous 66 curves in 9 miles road in Crystal River Fl. Its a great road with a nice restaurant close to the end and when you get to the end you are at a public boat ramp on the water.Now this is no Dragon Tail but I think its better. No big rigs (George you can not drive your truck on this road) a bunch of great curves with plenty of places to pass. The speed limit is 45 for 70% of it and the rest is well if you are on a Turbo its up to you. Never seen a blue light ever on it. You can fly on this road. There is a few houses on it as well as a couple dirt roads so i am always looking for that patch of dirt/sand or granny pulling out with the old big Mercury. Other than that its great for Florida.So if you guys ever want to head this way one weekend and wear out the edges on those tires that are going bald in the center email me and we will make it a great part of a days riding. Some of you guys have been on it who have stayed a couple days with my wife and I. So for Florida what do you think??Louis at www.usedcbxparts.com

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

There is a similar road like this in - of all places - New Mexico. It takes off of 6563, south of Cloudcroft and dead ends at the solar observatory.

It is 11 miles long and I counted 107 turns!!!! Many of them nice, long sweepers. The surface is in top condition. I was dragging stuff left and right. 8) :lol:

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

I would exspect that in NM, But if you ask anyone they would say theres no curves in fl. But I found some :lol:

dsz1
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by dsz1 »

Louis,

Way to plan up a party and a scoot Louis :thumbsup:

Well I can see you guys will have a great time with a few scoots, then already planed out is great. :dance:

Larry and I will be thinking about you all..... Wishing we had a little time off to join in, damn hate it when something comes between a good get together and a putt on the scoot and that other thing we have to do time to time ...............work.....

Later and ENJOY. :thumupp:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

dsz1 wrote:Louis,

Larry and I will be thinking about you all..... Wishing we had a little time off to join in, damn hate it when something comes between a good get together and a putt on the scoot and that other thing we have to do time to time ...............work.....

Later and ENJOY. :thumupp:

I wholeheartedly concur.......... :thumupp:

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”