"more fun to ride than any of the CBXes"

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

"more fun to ride than any of the CBXes"

Post by Terry »

..."if I want to go more than 300 miles a day on a bike, I use one that is more reliable, more practical and (more fun to ride) than any of the CBXes" :?: :shock:

Dayum EMS, I may not have the varied experience of riding numerous models of motorcycles that you must have, but on (this) Board, that statement is blasphemous! :!: SHAME ON YOU :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by Terry on Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Dave Krager #5383
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Dave Krager #5383 »

I just want to know how he gets away with having all those cool bikes. My wife would kill me. Not sure, what do you do? just sneak it in the house one day and hope it's not noticed?

:bow: Oh teach me master for I am not worthey :bow:

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

fun to ride.........

Post by sr71cbx »

Hey all,
I had most of my bikes before I got married(the 2nd time)so they came with the territory,so to speak............... :)my wife likes riding with me too.
Oh,and you sneak 'em in the garage,not the house!:twisted:......And keep the tiedowns in the truck out of sight! :thumbup:
I always say that I've been married once,had several girlfriends,and am currently married and I still got the CBX------my wife took offense to that comment!! :)
Take care & ride safe,
--------Mark Miller #0938 8)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

..more fun to ride than a CBX

Post by EMS »

Gentlemen: I am very sorry :!: :!: No way was it my intention to belittle our beloved CBX :oops: And you are right. This was (almost) blasphemy to say this on this board :oops: But!:
Riding a CBX is a lot of fun!! -just not for 300 miles - I can do a 180-200 mile "poker run" through backroads with four stops on the way on my 79 without a problem. But going from Cleveland to Ft Wayne on the Turnpike on my 81 is borderline and to Chicago, it would be too much (where is the smiley with the leg-cramps and the back-aches?)
As far as the peace in the house is concerned: Rest assured, I have the same problems as anybody else. :) Maybe not to the same extend. Like Mark, I had several of my bikes before I got married. Then my wife started to ride herself and we got her a Sportster. 8) So she is tolerant of some of the shenanigans. But everything has its limits. I sold my two CB350Fs (One was absolutely awesome, with 218 original miles) :cry: :cry: and my 97 WideGlide (to make room for a BMW RT)
And ever so often, my wife suggests I should look into selling my 81 CBX and my 82 KZ1300. :shock: :shock: So far, I was able to resist. You know, we Germans are a stubborn people :wink: :wink:

Dave Ditner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Location: Oxford, Michigan except for winter, Wildwood Florida then

Re: ..more fun to ride than a CBX

Post by Dave Ditner »

I found the problem. It's not the motorcycle, it's the road. YOU SAID TURNPIKE :shock: [/quote]
Davey

9 Xs: 4-79s, 1-80, 1-81 and 3-82s

Pete Wittstruck
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by Pete Wittstruck »

I'm going to have to take exception to the long distance capability of our beloved CBX. In November of last year I did a "Saddle Sore 1000" on my '82 (Turlock, CA to Mesilla Park, NM). It was 1,047 miles, from 4:30 am to 9:30pm. The CBX performed flawlessly. The ride was not only swift, but also comfortable. Not long ago I was considering adding another motorcycle to my stable and test rode a K1200RS and a R1150RT. I liked the ergonomics of the RT but wanted the power of of the RS. I wished I could combine the two. Then while riding my CBX back home from the BMW dealer I realized I was astride the best of both those worlds. Viva la CBX!
Pete Wittstruck

ICOA #5007

IBA #12517

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

New Bike

Post by EMS »

Pete: it seems like BMW has heard your prayers. They have come up with a combination of the K1200RS and the R-RT: The K1200GT. :idea:

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

More Fun

Post by RIPPER »

Damn,from the title I thought you guys met my ex wife.
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

I can't think of any bike I'd rather ride LD. Did Alaska in 7 days back in 89 on my 79 with Krauser bags and no fairing.Have done at least 2 trips all around the country on my 82's of over 14,000 miles each.Did over 1500 miles on my 80 doing Marlnton the first year.With 18 bikes,the CBX is always my favorite,NOTHING compares.
Thanks RIPPER

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Best bike to ride

Post by EMS »

What I want to know, if the CBX is/was the greatest bike ever to ride anywhere, :? WHY DIDN'T THE GODDAMN THING SELL?.. and Honda had to stop making it... :?:

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

Always depends on whos buying and why! I think the CB700SC was an awsome bike and even though it doesn't look great,the PC800.For the money you cannot beat a kawasaki Concours but many are buying wings FJRs and STs because the Connie hasn't changed.
For me,the uniqueness has alot to do with my love affair with the CBX,the smoothness,the sound.The fact that they are paid for and I'm on a fixed income too,and especially the PEOPLE who own em and belong to the club.I'd love to have an ST or FJR or Wing but it still wouldn't be as much fun as the CBX.
A quick story.My stepson bought an 84 GPZ1100 in 84 and could run rings around me,but,everytime we stopped anywhere,people ignored the GPZ and fawned over my 79 red CBX.One day I came home and the wife said Scotty had sold the GPZ and guess what he bought.He found a 79 silver CBX still in the crate in a dealer in Long Island and bought it.Couldn't take the competition
Thanks RIPPER

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

But the REAL REASON is, are you ready,Not everbodybody has GREAT TASTE like ME! :>)))))
Thanks RIPPER

SS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Ripper U dah man!!

Post by SS »

Ripper

U R dah Man :lol:

Just cause some guy sold millions of "Pet Rocks :idea: " didn't mean they were good for anything.

Many things were invented, and sold "ahead" of their time and for what ever reason they didn't become widely accepted/popular until years later.

Next subject:
Since I'm a newbie to this club, I must ask about your user name :?:

In my clan anyone nicknamed "Ripper" is known for their flatulence. :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SS

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

01 XL1200C 83 CB1100F 82 CBX 80 CBX

so far!!!!!!!!!!

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Why own a CBX

Post by EMS »

Ripper:

You nailed it! :D That's basically the reasons why I own and ride two CBXes :!: That's exactly my point, which started the whole thread (taken from another posting):I do not love the CBX, because it is so paractical and such a great comfortable bike riding :roll:

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

Well for me,it is the best riding bike I own.Nothing rides better than the 81-82 for LD riding.
Thanks RIPPER

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”