CBX tank badge

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

CBX tank badge

Post by Mouse »

Seems I have had one of the tank badge screws disappear during my last outing on the bike. Anyone know what size and thread these screws are? :think:
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: CBX tank badge

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

If i remember correctly there is 2 sizes depending on early or late year badge or maybe it was oem and repro badges.
'79 - 3mm x 6

'80-4mm x 6

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

You have got it Steve !!
It differs by year of the tank.
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Get the screws from Honda.

Dave

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

daves79x wrote:Get the screws from Honda.

Dave
I will, but when I took the badge off I found that the other screw was badly installed when the tank was repainted and the threads are damaged so I need to clean them up with a thread tap.

Thanks for the info.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Mouse wrote:
daves79x wrote:Get the screws from Honda.

Dave
I will, but when I took the badge off I found that the other screw was badly installed when the tank was repainted and the threads are damaged so I need to clean them up with a thread tap.

Thanks for the info.
I think I ordered mine through ProAm on Edmonton trail after wasting time searching bolt supply shops.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

wyly wrote: I think I ordered mine through ProAm on Edmonton trail after wasting time searching bolt supply shops.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Mouse wrote:
wyly wrote: I think I ordered mine through ProAm on Edmonton trail after wasting time searching bolt supply shops.

But maybe it was Partzilla :? ..if partzilla has it there’s shipping cost to your mailbox but that would probably be less expensive than a trip into the city and back...i suggest calling pro am 1st...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Aren't you guys close to Calgary? I would think there would be businesses specializing in fasteners there. I got some of the required size in stainless Allen head at my local supplier. Not original, but they'll look nice forever.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

I am in Calgary but to drive nearly anywhere still requires an hour to two hours there and return...mouse has a 45min drive to get to the city...cost of fuel for a parts hunt far exceeds the value of those screws, so partzilla is cheaper even with shipping...if he can get them form ProAm it would be worthwhile only if he’s coming into the city for another reason ...

Screws this small are rarely used, specialized bolt and screw suppliers don’t stock them, I tried electrionic suppliers as well...I thought finally I found them at a hobby craft supplier but the thread count was wrong...I spent a lot of time and fuel/money for nothing...when I finally located them I ordered both sizes to be sure I got the right size...

In a city of 1.25 million you would think a few screws would be easy to find but because of the shift to internet sales most business find it easier to have rare sold items shipped in rather than stock them....

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

Stuff does not have to be rare for retailers to not stock them. I run into this issue constantly with parts for my Dodge Diesel pickup and work clothes. And try finding good carpentry tools. All anyone stocks is cheap DIY'er crap or WAY over priced German stuff.
OK, rant over. :doh:
Frustrating day.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”