Wanted Cbx 1979 z replica OEM exhaust

danzx9r
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Wanted Cbx 1979 z replica OEM exhaust

Post by danzx9r »

Hi I'M looking for a exhaust for my CBX 1979 Z. No need new but near new will by ok.

For a restauration projet and if you have rear cowl tail, i'm buyer.

Make me offer.

For moment, i have a 6 / 2 Suzuki exhaust installed, yes suzuki, i don't ear don't run..

thanx DAN
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Wanted Cbx 1979 z replica OEM exhaust

Post by wyly »

send an email to Bert at http://www.sixcenter.nl/index.html for a reproduction tail cowl or David Silver Spares...150$ ???
a nice oem tail cowl will be expensive $ 500-600 USD a NOS oem cowl will cost about $900

oem exhaust, yeah good luck with that they are out there but anyone that has a set (like me )isn't going to part with them easily, sometimes you can find the left or right side on ebay...there are reproduction exhaust available, the oem manufacture Sankei actually re-issued the exhaust but have since ceased but you may still find a set...Delkevic repro on ebay right now $1200...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Didn't we do this already in another thread of yours? or have you bought a new seat because an OEM or replica tail won't work with your seat!

What's the latest on your progress?

famonteiro

Post by famonteiro »

To all CBX owners take off the bloody rubber under the tail cowl, due the small size it makes do cracks on the plastic.
I can help with replica exhausts.

Cheers

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

famonteiro wrote:To all CBX owners take off the bloody rubber under the tail cowl, due the small size it makes do cracks on the plastic.
I can help with replica exhausts.

Cheers
Are you a vendor, what's your website addy and are your parts non-bloody?

famonteiro

Post by famonteiro »

I am after all a Honda enthusiast with 8 classic Honda motorcycles since 50cc to 1000cc.
Plus another 8 bikes, 2 Suzuki, Yamaha, BSA, BMW, Triumph, Matchless, Jawa.
I am a parts dealer as well and I am not here to advertise my business, I can help perhaps in some situations I think.
I am dealer of Marving exhausts to my country that made them good for CBX specialy at a very reasonable price, silencers or a complete 6-2 system. No double wall pipes so expect them turn blue near engine.

Concerning the "bloody" rubber it is one under many other factory faults.
Starting any CB DOHC (with piston type carbs) after a 1-2 weeks on garage can be a problem, temperamental alternators as well.
In all my bikes I needed to correct engineering faults or improve from factory,

Cheers

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

famonteiro wrote:I am after all a Honda enthusiast with 8 classic Honda motorcycles since 50cc to 1000cc.
Plus another 8 bikes, 2 Suzuki, Yamaha, BSA, BMW, Triumph, Matchless, Jawa.
I am a parts dealer as well and I am not here to advertise my business, I can help perhaps in some situations I think.
I am dealer of Marving exhausts to my country that made them good for CBX specialy at a very reasonable price, silencers or a complete 6-2 system. No double wall pipes so expect them turn blue near engine.

Concerning the "bloody" rubber it is one under many other factory faults.
Starting any CB DOHC (with piston type carbs) after a 1-2 weeks on garage can be a problem, temperamental alternators as well.
In all my bikes I needed to correct engineering faults or improve from factory,

Cheers
famonteiro, put up an introduction post about yourself in the new member sub-forum, there are a few guys from out your way on here and speaking for myself, I'd like to see some pics of your other bikes!

:text-welcomewave:

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”