i may get in trouble but......

Hey, what projects are you planning or preparing for? CBX, other motos, workshop, WHATEVAH!
kbart1
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

i may get in trouble but......

Post by kbart1 »

hey guys

this is not a CBX related question but i need to make some room in my garage for a new four wheeled ride. i told the wife i would not sell my CBX but something has to go. i am looking at selling my 1986 honda VF1000R. i am trying to get an idea of what some knowledgeable motorcycle enthusiast thought it may be worth which would guide me in what to ask for the bike. here is the coles notes of whats been done:

nice running bike that was in need of some cosmetics and the replacement of some OEM parts such as blinkers for example
18,000 orig. miles and my honda mech says it runs great
REALLY nice repaint by the best bike painter up in my area
new clutch
all new spiegler brake and clutch lines
new rubber front and back
yosh exhaust system (don't have the factory system)
various bits powder coated
currently has collector plate on it
overall very nice bike

i would love to hear your thoughts and or if anybody is looking for one of these let me know. pics attached.

thanks a lot!
kent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

barryadam
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: i may get in trouble but......

Post by barryadam »

That's really beautiful, Kent.
Glws.

Barry

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Kent:

The VF1000R is slowly becoming a bike to hang on to. In North America, especially the 1986 with the dual headlight (Europe had these earlier)is sought after. many of these bikes are pretty beat up, so a nice specimen goes for a premium.
I would estimate your bike conservatively at $5,500.- :think: If you run into someone who is looking for one, maybe more.

I sold a G model, which was a 1986 European model in a Rothman's paint scheme for $8,000.- some 8 years ago.

kbart1
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by kbart1 »

thanks guys

i really dont want to sell but we just bought a '65 mustang convert. and my garage is only a car and a half size garage. right now i have 4 bikes in there as well and of the 4 the VF seemed like the least "valuable". i would never sell my CBX and my other choice to sell would have to be a CB750KO. what a dilemma ........

thx
kent

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Why not build another garage maybe a two or three bay? Plenty of room for the Mustang and a few bikes!
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

Return to “Project Threads”