Re-Chrome

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Re-Chrome

Post by Gearheadgregg »

Had my 1978 CB 750 F Factory 4-1 Re-chromed couple years ago, No Blueing on the head pipe after 2000 miles, nice chrome work, The Factory muffler that took me 5 years to find was re-Chromed also "Without" removing the baffles,They look amazing ! ..D & D in Providence RI is very reasonable also ..they ground off pretty deep pitted surface rust, was very impressed how well they came out Image

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Z Grand »

Beautiful job and beautiful bike!

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

A bit of info on D&D here.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DD-chrom ... 0848527724

Your '78 is a beauty, Greg.
There is one near me for sale {for too much money} with mint, stock cosmetics but an aftermarket muffler.
No repro mufflers being made yet?

Slightly lower bars?

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

Thanks putting up the Link for D&D Steve,,..spaced out last knight seen the FB link and could not find the Web page for them ? Sold CB 750 on Fleabay couple months ago...E-Bay buyer did not come up with the funds ?...kinda glad really don't need to sell it...but the CBX has been kinda costly, Really don't want Chrome on the CBX and have been at the Powder coater here every week lol..My Powdercoat guy does Not have Vibratory polisher to polish Ceramic Coat after coating may have to send to Jet Hot for the Russ Collins exhaust on the CBX,Still working on the Kosman Spoke wheels hope to get them reassembled soon with new powder coat...thought i would have a Roller already new tires sitting in the shop waiting...........Image

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:A bit of info on D&D here.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DD-chrom ... 0848527724

Your '78 is a beauty, Greg.
There is one near me for sale {for too much money} with mint, stock cosmetics but an aftermarket muffler.
No repro mufflers being made yet?

Slightly lower bars?
Euro Bars little smaller makes ya lean forward a bit more but comfortable ...the 750 F does not have a repo muffler out that i know of, Lots of after market pipes out there for the the CB...really is amazing how well these bikes run with correct back-pressure and stock Air box.this is my Island bike i use here at home... Vespa is to small :D
btw paid $ 750 for this 5 years ago it was all there needed paint, really don't care for the Decal kit on the SS may have to put it on soon

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Looking good! It'll go pretty fast once you get all the cosmetics and the rolling chassis done.

Dave

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

Hope so Dave, lots of little things needed for the chassis, getting closer always waiting on parts ... :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Z
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”